mtdna matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtdna matches

I have never had a close mt match and I have just discovered on the Haplogroup K (Katrine's) website that I only differ in the lower frequency by 2 digits in a number with a new tester- 16290T/ 16270T. Would this be considered to be a match? Thanks for any opinion on this.
    George

Originally posted by georgeirv View Post
    I have never had a close mt match and I have just discovered on the Haplogroup K (Katrine's) website that I only differ in the lower frequency by 2 digits in a number with a new tester- 16290T/ 16270T. Would this be considered to be a match? Thanks for any opinion on this.
    George
    Hi George and all,

Sorry, but there's no connection that I know of between 16270T and 16290T. The former is common in K, but not in your K1b1a. The latter is unique in K. So both are almost certainly relatively recent mutations.

Your most interesting mutation is 199C, which forms a fairly large branch in K1b1a. Under it are two branches headed by coding-region mutations. With a full-sequence test, you might find one or more people who differ from you only on the 16270T. We have more than one situation where people have 16568/16569 matches, with the only difference in HVR1; so the Matches list shows no matches.

For now, concentrate on those in your Subgroup on the website with 199C.

Bill Hurst

Comment

mtDNA

Bill Hurst

Thanks for your informative reply. There must be pools of mtDNA in England and the USA that are a match to me and it is only a matter of time before results emerge, in the mean time I will look at 199C as you suggest.

George

Comment

Working...
      X