Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish ancestry project?

Hi,

I'm trying to find my biological father.

My mother is german and my father might be scottish.

I tried Dodecad and results were:
    ~50 % West-European
    ~50 % Mediterrean

Well, I don't think this result must be necessarily correct, but I think it indicates at least my father isn't from the same population group

I was wondering whether there are other population projects,
    which could do better on my case ???

edit: I've only 23andme raw data, I'll be waiting for y-DNA marker results next 2-3 months.

On 23andMe, in what population is your Global Similarity - Advanced marker?

Regards,
    Jim

Comment

French AND German (NOT English etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by pascal the kraut View Post

edit: I've only 23andme raw data, I'll be waiting for y-DNA marker results next 2-3 months.
        If you have 23andMe data then in your 23andMe log in page there is a section called My Ancestry and under that is a section called Paternal Line. That haplogroup number will have information about your birth father's deep ancestry.

Would you be willing to tell us the number posted there?

Comment

No, I don't think so.
          Paternal Haplogroup is R1a1a which means he could be for example russian, indian, polish or scottish

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to find my biological father.

My mother is german and my father might be scottish.

I tried Dodecad and results were:
            ~50 % West-European
            ~50 % Mediterrean

Well, I don't think this result must be necessarily correct, but I think it indicates at least my father isn't from the same population group

I was wondering whether there are other population projects,
            which could do better on my case ???

No you are probably not M222 Scottish (southern). If you are R1a1a then it sounds like you are M17 or M198 and yes there are a few Scottish M198 but also try one of the ones listed in this project title page, especially the ones near the Mediterranean areas:

www.familytreedna.com/public/R1aWTY/
            Last edited by mkdexter; 7 August 2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Sorry I may have mixed your Scottish question with another question on the forum where someone asked about M222.

Anyway try that project site because it lists a lot of other projects related to R1a1a

Comment

Hi,
                If you are looking for paternal origin along your father's direct line, try a 67- or 111-marker yDNA test from Family Tree DNA. Also, if your mother is living, consider testing her at 23andme too. Any matches you have that your mother does not should represent your father's ancestry.

Comment

Working...
                X