No announcement yet.

mtDNA Haplogroup H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Vinnie, so with the results from the HVR2 your telling her that she can make an educated guess by looking at the Haplogroup origins of a particular subclade, so the more H1, or H10, ect that she has in common with a group that may be her subclade right, I am looking at my dad's results right now, it looks like he has more H1 matches then any of the others, it might be safe to assume he is Haplogroup H1 which would make sense when looking at his family tree.

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    You'll have to wait until they verify what your values are for HVR2. You *might* be able to make an educated guess on your subclade once you get those results. After they come in, check your "haplogroup origins" on the left side of your home page, and perhaps after the generic H's you'll see matches that all belong to a particular subclade, based on your HVR2 values. You should also join the H Project for additional help. The only way to definitively know your subclade is to have the FGS done.

Comment

Originally posted by deniseneufeld View Post
      @Vinnie, so with the results from the HVR2 your telling her that she can make an educated guess by looking at the Haplogroup origins of a particular subclade, so the more H1, or H10, ect that she has in common with a group that may be her subclade right, I am looking at my dad's results right now, it looks like he has more H1 matches then any of the others, it might be safe to assume he is Haplogroup H1 which would make sense when looking at his family tree.
      Denise,

You're looking at your father's haplogroup origins page, correct? If he has more than one completely different subclade, then it will be difficult to determine. For example, if he has H, H1, H1a, H1ab, etc. (I'm not familiar with all the subgroups of H1) then most likely he belongs to H1 and possibly a subgroup of that. However, if he has H, H1, H2, H3, etc., then you really need the FGS, or at least check with the H project coordinators or the FTDNA office for their expertise.

Comment

Working...
      X