No announcement yet.

Ancient DNA of Father Abraham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think what Javelins means is, give the customer more possibilities to chose from.

Like for example "oracle"...
    one of the possibilities it tells about my results is:

95% German average + 5% Lithuanian average = roughly my results

Interestingly I am a German who knows about a Lithuanian Great Great Grandmother (mathematically responsable for 6% of the anchestry)

that would fit very well.

On the other hand, even knowing that German is the main anchestry gave me a lot of possibilities including:

85% German + 15% Finnish
    95% German + 5% Lithuanian
    95% German +5% Polish
    94% German + 6% Russian
    96% German + 4% Belorussian
    95% German + 5% Chuvash
    85% German + 15% Swedish
    90% German + 10% Norwegian

(at least they all agree that the X that is added to German is from North, Northeast or East of Germany. No other direction.)

Family Lore is about the Lithuanian GGGMom.
    But if you dont have Family Lore, what to do?

My longest DNA blocks I share with a Norwegian, the second longest with a Dutch. These would lead to false conclusions (or not? hmmmm)

The third longest with a Belgian and the 4th longest share a German and a Pole. 5th longest is a German and a Ukrainian.

No Lithuanian so far but at least 2 Germans in the top 5.

If I go for the anchestry finder top, the problem is, so more testers there are from a country so more the results are twisted toward that country....Thats pushed UK to place 2 I believe.

Now imagine, what if I wouldnt know anything, like an adoptee for example? Hmm.
    Last edited by Daniel72; 29 July 2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaffa View Post
      Exactly!! OK the Kohan priests are N African and Im sure Moses's line if ever found was N African too. The Tribe of Judah originated out of Africa.
      You're confused. Abraham came from Ur of the Chaldees. This is either in Iraq or Turkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaffa View Post
        Science can sometimes disprove paper and I was always taught in Hebrew school they came out of Africa. Who's teachings are right?
        Your Hebrew school was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by deniseneufeld View Post
          Doesn't the Hebrew race come from Isaac and the Arab race come from Ismael?
          Not all Arabs are descended from Ishmael. There were other peoples in the Middle east. Such as Philistines, Babylonians, Assyrians, Elamites, Amorites, Hurrians, Hittites, Moabites, Edomites, Egyptians, Ammonites, Arabians, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by deniseneufeld View Post
            ...Abraham, Issac and Jacob? What Haplogroup are they?
            No one knows but God.
            Last edited by twang; 12 August 2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by twang View Post
              Not all Arabs are descended from Ishmael. There were other peoples in the Middle east. Such as Philistines, Babylonians, Assyrians, Elamites, Amorites, Hurrians, Hittites, Moabites, Edomites, Egyptians, Ammonites, Arabians, etc.
              Ah, a great question: which of these groups provided the greatest genetic contribution to today's Arabs?

Philistines, Hittites, Moabites? Almost certainly not. Babylonians? Getting warmer.

Did the Arabic language originate in Yemen? Were there connections between Yemen & Babylon? I believe so.

Comment

Working...
              X