No announcement yet.

Ancient DNA of Father Abraham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kohanim gene is found in hap J. Might wanna look it up. Its not an african haplogroup.

Comment

The Lemba tribe in South Africa have the same DNA as the Cohanim

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/familylemba.html

So I guess DNA testing the remains is way out of the question, I am reading Abrahams Children, here is a paragraph from the book " Jews, Arabs, Armenians, and Kurds are Haplogroup J, with Highest frequency found in Iran and Iraq from where it is most likely originated and then was carried by traders into Europe, central Asia, India and Pakistan. J2 which is believed to be associated with the spread of agriculture during the Neolithic Period from Anatolia, is found throughout central Asia, the Mediterranean, and south into India, While the majority of Haplogroup J in not Jewish, the majority of Jewish men fall into J. The Cohen Modal Haplotype is found in Haplogroup J1."

Originally posted by Taz85 View Post
      The kohanim gene is found in hap J. Might wanna look it up. Its not an african haplogroup.

Comment

Since there are five Native American Haplogroups but they are all still Native American as a whole, then why can't there also be 12 different Jewish Haplogroups, 1 for each Tribe, yet they would all still be Jewish? Just saying....
        Last edited by deniseneufeld; 17 July 2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deniseneufeld View Post
          Since there are five Native American Haplogroups but they are all still Native American as a whole, then why can't there also be 12 different Jewish Haplogroups, 1 for each Tribe, yet they would all still be Jewish? Just saying....
          Because the tribe of Judah is only one of the tribes and they are not a race of people but a religion. Now as far as the origins of the Tribe of Judah is it African or Middle Eastern? The very religious Jewish practice and the religious Muslim practice although not the same they are similar. Their DNA matches as being related. Cousin lines practicing 2 different religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Babylonian_Aramaic

Comment

The Lemba tribe in South Africa have the same DNA as the Cohanim

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/familylemba.html

So I guess DNA testing the remains is way out of the question, I am reading Abrahams Children, here is a paragraph from the book " Jews, Arabs, Armenians, and Kurds are Haplogroup J, with Highest frequency found in Iran and Iraq from where it is most likely originated and then was carried by traders into Europe, central Asia, India and Pakistan. J2 which is believed to be associated with the spread of agriculture during the Neolithic Period from Anatolia, is found throughout central Asia, the Mediterranean, and south into India, While the majority of Haplogroup J in not Jewish, the majority of Jewish men fall into J. The Cohen Modal Haplotype is found in Haplogroup J1."
            This simply means some back migration. The lemba have similar dna than the kohanim. Thy are not kohanim. After the migration from mitzrayim to yisrael, over the years, we migrated all over the world. Thats why similar dna is found in s africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaffa View Post
              According to the Rabbi it's African. You can ask them. They would be the authority on the subject.

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/1...wish-ness.html
              I don't need to ask a rabbi this. Our tradition states we are from the land of Caanan. If I was going to ask a Rabbi, I would ask one I know personally.

Comment

Hi Taz, I am interested in your Jewish Ancestry, you can PM me

Denise
                Originally posted by Taz85 View Post
                I don't need to ask a rabbi this. Our tradition states we are from the land of Caanan. If I was going to ask a Rabbi, I would ask one I know personally.

Comment

Doesn't the Hebrew race come from Isacc and the Arab race come from Ismael?
                  But Abraham was the father of both but from different mothers right?

Because the tribe of Judah is only one of the tribes and they are not a race of people but a religion. Now as far as the origins of the Tribe of Judah is it African or Middle Eastern? The very religious Jewish practice and the religious Muslim practice although not the same they are similar. Their DNA matches as being related. Cousin lines practicing 2 different religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Babylonian_Aramaic

Comment

NO. The Jewish bible states Jew is not supposed to marry a non Jew meaning religious practice not race of people. This is why many people who practice the Jewish religion seem related on DNA. They keep within their religious group and marry in their religious practice.

Practicing Jewish Religion and practicing Muslim religion will share Y and MT DNA lines and they have. They are related and come from same groups of people in the Middle east and N Africa

Comment

Jews and Aramaic language

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/1...s-Aramaic.html

Comment

Jewish is a Mother Clan religion

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/1...-I-Jewish.html

Comment

Well I am specifically talking about the Jews as a race since that is what DNA shows is a race of people, even the race of Jewish people that don't practice Judaism they still have the Jewish DNA, and they share the same Haplogroup J as the Arabs just different sub clades,

NO. The Jewish bible states Jew is not supposed to marry a non Jew meaning religious practice not race of people. This is why many people who practice the Jewish religion seem related on DNA. They keep within their religious group and marry in their religious practice.

Practicing Jewish Religion and practicing Muslim religion will share Y and MT DNA lines and they have. They are related and come from same groups of people in the Middle east and N Africa

Comment

Conversion laws if one were to decide to practice the Jewish religion who was not born to a Mother who was a practicing Jew

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/1...n-process.html

Comment

Well I am specifically talking about the Jews as a race since that is what DNA shows is a race of people, even the race of Jewish people that don't practice Judaism they still have the Jewish DNA, and they share the same Haplogroup J as the Arabs just different sub clades,
                              No it does not show a race of people. Many practicing the Jewish faith have many different haplogroups.

No there is no such thing as Jewish DNA and I already posted it but Ill post it again. If you practice or accept any other religion other than practicing the Jewish faith, you are no longer considered a tribe of Judha.

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/1...wish-ness.html
                              Last edited by Yaffa; 17 July 2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Totally not true. The tanakh is filled with hebrews taking strange wives. Moshe himself was married to cu****e. According to the Torah, tribal affiliation anf inheiritence is through the fathers side. Yes they related, and genetics have proven this.

Comment

Working...
                                X