Marker 68-111 mutation rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marker 68-111 mutation rates?

Is there a single good 'go-to' source of info on mutation rates for the recently added 68-111 markers? I'm especially interested in DYS712, as my own value of 24 seems to be significantly different when compared with other results in the various projects I belong to. The other markers seem to be really homogenous.

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
    Is there a single good 'go-to' source of info on mutation rates for the recently added 68-111 markers? I'm especially interested in DYS712, as my own value of 24 seems to be significantly different when compared with other results in the various projects I belong to. The other markers seem to be really homogenous.
    We probably won't see anything for a while. I've seen several websites with various tables of mutation rates, most based on this 2006 article in the Journal of Genetic Genealogy (JoGG). Charles Kerchner has some more recent logs from surname projects, but it hasn't been updated in over a year.

FTDNA only recently started offering the 111 marker upgrade. Once enough people get the upgrade, somebody can compile the statistics needed to estimate average mutation rates.

Comment

Working...
    X