R1b1a2a1 R-L150 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1b1a2a1 R-L150 ??

I am R1b1a2a1,celtic ?armenian ? S.Europian?SW Asia ?

Well as I have discovered here by helpful replies from knowledgable people you cannot assign a particular ethnic group or country to a SNP number. However if you have knowledge of your ancestry you can probably make reasonable assumptions. I am a L21. About 60% of Irish males are of that SNP. However my furthest know ancestor is from northern France, my last name is French and my family speaks French . I think it's reasonable to assume I am not Irish. I would suggest looking for some projects here and gather other traditional genealogy information and see what seems probable.

Comment

My uncle, Roy E. Robinson is also R L150*.

The Robinson family came from the British Isles, but I think it is likely that his patriline broke off the main R1b trunk before the R1b population moved from Anatolia into Europe some 5,000 years ago. I suspect, however, that they travelled as part of the same migration, or may have relocated there in conjunction with the Romans some 2,000 years ago.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Anatolian

Originally posted by mariglen View Post
        I am R1b1a2a1,celtic ?armenian ? S.Europian?SW Asia ?
        All. L150 represents an old haplogroup which predates these types of ethnic descriptions. Better to say Anatolian......

Comment

Working...
        X