X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaffa
    replied
    Originally posted by deniseneufeld View Post
    Yes my family started in New Mexico around the Santa Fe area, I am Haplogroup B
    How far back can you trace? My family N Mex and TX. In Mexico Church records they listed race on marriage and baptisms up until the early 1800's. If your lucky the records might list tribe.

If your DNA matches the few indigenous samples they have from central and south America your % might show up in a Family Finder/Population finder test. I dont know if it would list all your possible indigenous %. It all depends on how far back your Indian ancestors were and if you inherited that DNA from them. If your MT-DNA is indigenous you would have to have an Indian ancestor within the past 500 years before European invasion.

Leave a comment:

• deniseneufeld
    replied
    Yes my family started in New Mexico around the Santa Fe area, I am Haplogroup B

Leave a comment:

• Yaffa
    replied
    Family Finder but its in its beta phase and they do not have American Indian samples to compare to so the % given may not be accurate especially for those with indigenous ancestors. Is your family from the US, Canada, Mexico?

Leave a comment:

• What test tells you what % of Native a person is

I have been reading through the forum and have noticed that people
    have the percentages listed under a certain group, for example
    1 % Native, what test do you take to find out this information?
Working...
X