Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No HVR2

are there not a lot of matches in HVR2?

I have 49 HVR1 matches but no HVR2 matches. When looking at my mtDNA list not many seem to have (HVR2) after their name. Do most folks not do theb2nd test?

If I dont have any HVR2 matches would ir add anything for me to take the Mitochondrial DNA Full Genomic Sequence test done?

thanks

What's your mtDNA haplogroup and what are the listed mutations? With only 49 HVR1 matches, it sounds like you have a relatively uncommon haplogroup. Or you have a relatively common haplogroup with an uncommon specific mutation.

If either is the case, you probably wouldn't find any or many matches at the FGS testing level.

Comment

Haplogroup is H

HVR1 differences from CRS
      16390A 16519C

HVR2 differences from CRS
      152C 263G 309.1C 309.2C 315.1C 477C

are these the mutations?

I may be new but I am trying to learn

Comment

Originally posted by super8mm View Post
        Haplogroup is H

HVR1 differences from CRS
        16390A 16519C

HVR2 differences from CRS
        152C 263G 309.1C 309.2C 315.1C 477C

are these the mutations?

I may be new but I am trying to learn
        Looking at the results table of the H1 Haplogroup Project - at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...tion=mtresults - it seems that you're some sort of H1, perhaps H1b, which has the 477C mutation. The H1b's don't seem to have the 16390A mutation, so that may be an uncommon mutation you have that's causing you to have no matches at the HVR2 level.

I don't know a lot about the H haplogroup, which is the most common in Europe, since my haplogroup is T2e4. It would be a good idea to contact the one of the administrators of the H1 Project I linked to above and ask what he or she thinks about your results. You can find their e-mail addresses on the home page of the project website, at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...1/default.aspx
        Last edited by MMaddi; 5 May 2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Do most folks not do theb2nd test?
          For us folks who tested just to verify a possible area of origin i.e.
          a European mt DNA(single panel) is sufficient .
          Because of the expense of testing people are apt to spend according to thier priorites.

Comment

Thanks Mmaddi for the link, I booked marked that page and sent the admin a note

Comment

Thanks Brunetm, i was not sure, as a adopte I need any scrap of info i can get to find my herritage.

I have had some solid luck on my YDNA

Comment

Working...
              X