I2b1 ?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I2b1 ?????????

anybody else have this "predicted haplogroup". I took the 37 marker test for the YDNA surname thing. Is anyone else in this haplogroup and exactly where did we come from on that branch ? Im getting mixed answers.

It also says "shorthand I - M223. That sounds like a rifle. lol

Comment

I have the same Haplo group and my Paternal line is Irish, this is actually a Western European HaploGroup from what I know and it definately has matched my Autosomal and genealogy trail.

Comment

A google search gave me I2b1 (M223) has a peak in Germany and another in eastern Sweden, but also appears in Russia, Greece, Italy and around the Black Sea. I have tried to research my own haplogroup and have come to the conclusion know one really knows for sure. There are theories and counter theories. Not only do you have to take into account the ancient origins but also
        the wars and turmoil in Europe the last 600 years.

Comment

Thanks for the input ! My family tree shows that line came from England and came over here in 1682 to Pennsylvania.

Comment

My paternal line is Irish/ME, I do know that all the Haplogroupings are theories and you have to go by your genealogy to link this up. This Haplogroup could actually be from Western Europe to Asia to ME in somewhat small % and that is why Genealogy is important when using DNA.

Comment

I'm I2b1. The highest frequency is in North-West Germany. However, there are 4 subclades. One of them is found almost exclusively in the British Isles. Maybe that is the one you belong to. FTDNA offers a subclade test for this if you want to see for sure that this is the subclade you belong to.

Comment

Originally posted by carster View Post
                I'm I2b1. The highest frequency is in North-West Germany. However, there are 4 subclades. One of them is found almost exclusively in the British Isles. Maybe that is the one you belong to. FTDNA offers a subclade test for this if you want to see for sure that this is the subclade you belong to.
                Very interesting. Thanks for the info !

Comment

Working...
                X