Deep Clade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Clade Question

My husband's predicted haplogroup was R1b1a2 before the Deep Clade. Now, within the past 6 days he has had results slowly trickle in. His page now says that his confirmed haplogroup is R1b1a2a1a1a (the test is still showing as in progress and is expected by 4/20/2011)

I am curious as to if this can be expected; that one's haplogroup changes after testing and is it a big change or a small one?

Deep Clade

Yes this is normal. The deep clade is eventually going to determine what little branch of the big haplotree your husband is in.

R1b1a2 is a huge group and the deep clade will eventually show you where on that branch he falls.

My husband's test is also in progress. He started out as R1b1a2 as well and is at this point the same as your husband's. We are still waiting for the final group placement.

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by cjm95 View Post
      Yes this is normal. The deep clade is eventually going to determine what little branch of the big haplotree your husband is in.

R1b1a2 is a huge group and the deep clade will eventually show you where on that branch he falls.

My husband's test is also in progress. He started out as R1b1a2 as well and is at this point the same as your husband's. We are still waiting for the final group placement.

Connie

Oh ok, I see now, thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X