Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge amount of YDNA matches

Hi all.

Yesterday I had 1300+ YDNA-12 matches and no 25, 37 or 67 matches. It's been like that for several weeks.
    Today I have this in addition to the 12 marker matches:
    25 exact: 2 matches
    25 distance 1: 64 matches
    25 distance 2: 336 matches
    37 distance 4: 2 matches

Anyone else seen an explosion in YDNA matches?

This is very common for some Haplotypes. I'll bet your predicted Haplogroup is R1b1a1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      This is very common for some Haplotypes. I'll bet your predicted Haplogroup is R1b1a1.
      Hi Jim,

Good guess!
      But why did they all appear at the same time? It seems unlikely that some 400 people that match me got their tests on the same day?

Comment

Projects and settings

Have you joined any projects? I noticed I had more matches after I joined a project. Also have you changed your settings to not filter by project? After that I would believe a glitch as opposed to that many matches appearing in a day due to testing.

Comment

Originally posted by ORE View Post
          Have you joined any projects? I noticed I had more matches after I joined a project. Also have you changed your settings to not filter by project? After that I would believe a glitch as opposed to that many matches appearing in a day due to testing.
          Not joined any groups and not changed the settings. I'm starting to believe this was a glitch myself...

Comment

Y-dna

I got a family member's Y-DNA results a few days ago R1b1a2 .

12 Markers genetic distance 1 , 24 matches
            25 Markers 0 Matches
            37 Markers 0 Markers
            67 Markers 0 Markers

Still looking

Cheryl

Comment

I got a family member's Y-DNA results a few days ago R1b1a2 .
              Cherly
              That's my haplogroup also. The most common in western Europe but no matches for me either ? Go figure? Hopefully some day. I read in another thread that certain western European countries like France and Italy are under represented in the data base

Comment

Y-dna

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
                Cherly
                That's my haplogroup also. The most common in western Europe but no matches for me either ? Go figure? Hopefully some day. I read in another thread that certain western European countries like France and Italy are under represented in the data base
                You are so right hard to figure. Then again it took me a couple of yrs to get this person in my family to test.
                I also have read that thread " that certain western European countries like France and Italy are under represented in the data base"

I also put this person in for a Family Finder test results due in May. I did my Family Finder abt. 1 yr. ago.
                I hope you don't have to wait to long for a significant match .

Cheryl

Comment

Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
                  But why did they all appear at the same time? It seems unlikely that some 400 people that match me got their tests on the same day?
                  When were your second and third sets of markers reported?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                    When were your second and third sets of markers reported?
                    All was done 3 weeks ago except Y-DNA48-60 Markers which completed about one and a half week ago.
                    I'm starting to think this was just some sort of hiccup in the FTDNA system...

Comment

I'm starting to think this was just some sort of hiccup in the FTDNA system...
                      This may be likely. I know that occasionaly my haplogroup changes. After I refresh the page it reverts to the correct one . I know this is a different type of error from the one your describing but certainly could be connected.

Comment

Y-dna

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
                        This may be likely. I know that occasionaly my haplogroup changes. After I refresh the page it reverts to the correct one . I know this is a different type of error from the one your describing but certainly could be connected.
                        I have also had my relatives Haplogroup change . I think it is a hiccup in their system.
                        I got my relieves Y-DNA results all in one day. I did not expect it to happen like that.

Cheryl

Comment

Working...
                        X