Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunetmj
    replied
    I uploaded to ancestry yesterday but had no close matches. My main point though is how they do matching there. When you click on matches those who have the closest matching values to yours rise to the top.
    Then the changes in dys values are in white while exact values are in a different color. When you then click on the persons name just their values are highlighted. It is very slick.I guess I am thinking some sites are in need of a software update?

Leave a comment:

• Brunetmj
    replied
    Thank you ! I will give it a try latter today

Leave a comment:

• nathanm
    replied
    Originally posted by EdwardRHill View Post
    At one time you could manually inter your results at Ancestry free of charge from another site. Good Luck
    You still can, I just explained how in another thread.

Leave a comment:

• EdwardRHill
    replied
    Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
    Thank you for your answers. I may look at ancestry web site but if I recall they charge a fee.
    I think what I was looking for was to narrow down some what where my ancestors country of origin might have been with the understanding there would be a degree of uncertainty. Some statement like 2 % of the population England or France are similar to yours. I just dint expect it to be nothing.
    I am having the deep clade done perhaps that will tell me more.
    At one time you could manually inter your results at Ancestry free of charge from another site. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Brunetmj
    replied
    Thank you for your answers. I may look at ancestry web site but if I recall they charge a fee.
    I think what I was looking for was to narrow down some what where my ancestors country of origin might have been with the understanding there would be a degree of uncertainty. Some statement like 2 % of the population England or France are similar to yours. I just dint expect it to be nothing.
    I am having the deep clade done perhaps that will tell me more.

Leave a comment:

• ragnar
    replied
    R1b1's etc is such a huge haplogroup that there are many many more haplotypes, so getting a match is much harder than for a smaller(in numbers) haplogroup usually, such as G2a. (Aeduna excepted). My nephew is a R1b1a2*, & has only two 12 marker matches. Both plus him have tested out to 67 markers.

Leave a comment:

• EdwardRHill
    replied
    I had 12 full matches at my first 12 marchers but all had a different surname. But none up to 37 so I tried Ancestry where I found two matches. You use to be able to inter your results to their site with out testing there. You might want to try that and yes I have seen others who had no matches post here before but try ancestry.

Leave a comment:

• Brunetmj
    started a topic No Matches

No Matches

I just got the results of my 37 marker Y-DNA. (2 full weeks early)
    However I have no recent matches for any of the marker numbers (37,24,12) or matches under ancestral origins (all .4 or lower). I uploaded my results to Y Search and found nothing there also.
    Is this a common occurrence?
    I am a R1b1a2 M269. I assumed this was such a common haplotype something would match somewhere?
Working...
X