No announcement yet.

How do I contact FTDNA for test refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I contact FTDNA for test refund?

Has anyone any idea how I can contact FTDNA to cancel an order for some SNP tests I placed a few days ago. My 'Project Administrator' failed to tell me that someone had already undergone these and proved negative. I've tried contacting [email protected] and [email protected] a few times but I don't get a response. I'd like to save the $90 if I can! Help please, someone?

You can try emailing the FTDNA forum administrator, Darren, at [email protected]

and send him a pm (private message)

Ask him to help you and he will. Let him know you need someone in customer service/billing to cancel your order and give you a refund. You need to do that fast, before they do lab work.

I forgot the main help email. It is either [email protected]
    or
    [email protected]
    Last edited by rainbow; 8 March 2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Try to get that done today, Tuesday (Houston, Texas time), before it gets to the lab. I think the batches (lab work) are still done on Wednesdays/Thursdays.

Comment

Hi Rainbow, I have just emailed those addresses. Incidentally, the [email protected] address seems to be a dead link, hope the others get through though! Thanks for your help.

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

They do have a telephone. The number is at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Ragnar,
              I could tell you some phonebill nightmares.
              If he calls long-distance (and plays phone tag), his next phonebill may well exceed the $90.
              Depends on the phone service provider. If he has metropcs, then it's okay because they allow unlimited domestic long-distance.
              But AT&T is horrible. A taxi cab ride to the next town over is less than a phone call.

I think it is best to email, and get an email confirmation of cancellation.
              Last edited by rainbow; 8 March 2011, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ragnar View Post
                They do have a telephone. The number is at the bottom of the page.
                I'm from England and it's about six in the morning in Texas, so I think I'll try email first!

Comment

Originally posted by on_the_edge View Post
                  Has anyone any idea how I can contact FTDNA to cancel an order for some SNP tests I placed a few days ago. My 'Project Administrator' failed to tell me that someone had already undergone these and proved negative. I've tried contacting [email protected] and [email protected] a few times but I don't get a response. I'd like to save the $90 if I can! Help please, someone?
                  Did you find out that you had a brother, sister, mother, father, or cousin that took the test? Because if it was not someone close than you should take the test. I found a match that was a Genetic Distance of 6 and he did the Deep Clade but that doesn't mean I should not take the test. That means I have someone to compare to and since I have matched up with people with a different surname I need to be sure I'm a complete match with them and the next step is to find out if I match Haplogroup with them.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardRHill View Post
                    Did you find out that you had a brother, sister, mother, father, or cousin that took the test? Because if it was not someone close than you should take the test. I found a match that was a Genetic Distance of 6 and he did the Deep Clade but that doesn't mean I should not take the test. That means I have someone to compare to and since I have matched up with people with a different surname I need to be sure I'm a complete match with them and the next step is to find out if I match Haplogroup with them.
                    We are related, same name but very distant cousins. We have done deep-clade tests- the tests now are advanced SNPs.

Comment

How did it go? Did FTDNA contact you and give you a refund? ???

p.s. Off-topic. I watched a little bit of the Tyra show yesterday and she had a guest on her show named Ragnar.
                      Last edited by rainbow; 9 March 2011, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Sign up for skype. My son has it, I don't yet, but last year when he went to Asia, he called me several times & talked for about an hour each time. It only cost him a couple dollars at most per call.

Comment

Working...
                        X