Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplotree Update

All,

FTDNA is in the process of updating the Y-DNA Haplotree. It may take up to 24 hours for the new predictions to flow through all the accounts. And some people will see new subclade names based on the updates to the tree. So don't get concerned if you see changes or if your prediction goes missing

If something still doesn't look right on Monday, then you may want to contact FTDNA to inquire.

Elise

WEEE! I hope I get a refined subclade. Being P312 is so boring.

Comment

Thanks that explains the weird goings on in my Haplotree page today

Comment

Just checked my page, still P312 however I have available the tests for L176.2 and the L165 SNP's, perhaps something I'll test for once I get some spending cash to throw around.

Comment

They are also changing the way they do SNP tests, you now have a Universal deep clade that will test to the terminal SNP or you can order SNP individually.

as per email to admins;

We now offer a universal deep clade test for $89. This will identify a customer’s terminal SNP for any haplogroup.
          If a customer has pending results for a deep clade test, they will automatically be tested according to the new tree.
          If a customer has never ordered a deep clade test, they will have the option either to order the universal deep clade for $89 or order individual SNPs from the tree.
          Bullet We will no longer be offering a deep clade extension product. For customers interested in upgrading to the new tree, it may be more economical to order the universal deep clade for $89 if there are 4 or more new SNPs available to them (each SNP is $29 individually). If there are less than 4 new SNPs available for a customer, they will not be offered the universal deep clade test and should order the SNPs individually from the tree since this is the most cost-effective option. Newly available SNPs are shown on the haplotree in orange.
          Last edited by rivergirl; 4th March 2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

wish they would allow more cut and paste.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
              wish they would allow more cut and paste.
              I think you'll find that it's not the size, but certain characters in the pasted text that this version of vBulletin balks at, such as the apostrophe. Damned annoying that's for sure.

Comment

Wow. Er. Yeah, there are certainly some odd results coming through - its jumped me from G2a3b1 to R1b1 for a bit, then back to G2a3b1

Its also not working really through firefox on linux, tho it is on chrome on linux...

*sigh* Missed my chance, there was a package of G-markers to test at one point for less than the new deep clade test. I don't seem to fit any predictions, I'd like to find out what's going on... especially as I have no matches for 67 markers either...

Comment

It looks like you are describing a predicted haplogroup. I suggest that you do the new universal clade test & see where you actually fit.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
                    It looks like you are describing a predicted haplogroup. I suggest that you do the new universal clade test & see where you actually fit.
                    Nup, firstly I didn't fit a prediction, so I got the backbone test done to confirm (G) and then I did the deep clade test over Christmas (doh, just missed the revised one) and got G2a3b1 (P303+ P15+ M201+ L30+ M406- L14- L13-)

I think something was just glitching for a bit, seems to have settled down again.

Comment

Sometimes, I will open the haplotree for a person in my surname project & their haplogroup has changed entirely. I close their page, click refresh on the browser, go back in & everything has been restored.

My guess is that this is what happened to you.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

OK. We were told to all come over here and post this question.

WHY WAS R1B1B2 CHANGED TO R1B1AWHATEVER?

Comment

WHY WAS R1B1B2 CHANGED TO R1B1AWHATEVER
                          I think the post above this one with a similar thread title explains it.
                          As I understand it was a change in nomenclature to comply with new standards. The short hand haplogroups remain the same.

Comment

I changed from R1b1b.... to R1b1a.....

seems like a major shift ?????

Comment

Originally posted by satyricon View Post
                              I changed from R1b1b.... to R1b1a.....

seems like a major shift ?????
                              Its just a naming change - your mutation is still the same, but the name given to the group that posesses that mutation has been changed. This is why some people list the mutations they have rather than/as well as their haplogroup - because it will undoubtably change again as more and more people are tested and more of the variations become know.

eg: I could just put G2a3b1 but that may change name... if I put P303+ P15+ M201+ L30+ M406- L14- L13-, then that describes the SNPs I have had tested, and it will be valid even if the group name changes to G2d1a1a1b or something

Comment

Working...
                              X