Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No haplotype prediction at yDNA12 markers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No haplotype prediction at yDNA12 markers?

I got my 12 marker results back of a planned 37 marker test. Apparently they don't give a haplotype at 12 markers? Really not much there that I can see.
    These were way early by the way. Wasn't due until the 18th of March.

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
    I got my 12 marker results back of a planned 37 marker test. Apparently they don't give a haplotype at 12 markers? Really not much there that I can see.
    These were way early by the way. Wasn't due until the 18th of March.
    It might be that the prediction isn't solid enough - mine wasn't, they had to do the backbone test (even at 37 markers). Wait and see

Comment

Well it did say "unpredicted results--"
      I just wasent sure that this was a known English phrase. I mean what the heck is an unpredicted result ?
      Just joking a little , thank you. I understand and will try to be patient.

Comment

They do give you your predicted haplogroup at 12 markers. Mine said the same thing when I did my Ydna 37 marker. I woke up the next morning, and it was there. I assume it will be on your Haplotree within the next several hours.

Comment

Once all 37 markers comes in I suggest doing a Deep Clade test, If you are eligible for it. When my first 12 markers came in it said unpredicted on the haplotree as well. Several hours later it said the predicted haplogroup. I doubt it will take till all the markers come, of course I don't know for sure.
          Last edited by Taz85; 1 March 2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz85 View Post
            They do give you your predicted haplogroup at 12 markers. Mine said the same thing when I did my Ydna 37 marker. I woke up the next morning, and it was there. I assume it will be on your Haplotree within the next several hours.
            Doesn't work for everyone sadly....

Comment

I got the first 12 of 37 back today. I also had predicted halotype "-". I assume this means that FTDNA has not yet predicted my halotype for whatever reason.

The various halotype predictors are predicting that I'm R1b and all by a certainity over 95% and all my matches (at 0 or 1 steps) are R1b or variation of R1b.

Perhaps they are not predicting halotype until all 37 markers are back. Not sure but it sounds very similar to my experience. Guess we will just have to wait!

Comment

Haplogroups are predicted based on the first 12 markers only, but the predictions for new kits are now run in batches, so you won't have a prediction immediately upon receiving your results. Shouldn't take more than a day or so, though.

Elise

Comment

Hello,

To follow up on Elise's post the haplogroup is not uploaded immediately but usually takes between 24 to 48 hours after receiving the results. In the case that we cannot confidently predict your haplogroup you will automatically be run in the SNP Assurance program to confirm the broad haplogroup assignment.

For more information please see: http://www.familytreedna.com/faq/ans...px?faqid=8#515

The SNP Assurance Program free backbone test is usually ordered on these kits two to three weeks after the Y-DNA 12 marker results are posted. An email is sent out providing more information when this occurs.

-Darren Marin
                  Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by Taz85 View Post
                    Once all 37 markers comes in I suggest doing a Deep Clade test, If you are eligible for it.
                    Deep Clade tests are only useful for some subclades, and often just ordering one or two SNPs is better, and sometimes not even this is necessary -- once your prediction is in, let us know and perhaps we can advise you which will work in your case.

Comment

I did recieve my predicted haplotype today. I am R1b1b2 which I belive is a very common haplotype in Europe.

Comment

R1b1b2 is very well suited to a Deep Clade, but if you create a Ysearch account and post it, someone here might also be able to predict your subclade, or advise you further.

Comment

Thank You. I will likely wait till my 37 marker test is back. I assume that moves things from predicted to confirmed?

Comment

No, they only confirm once you take an actual SNP or Deep Clade test. But if they predict R1b1b2 it's pretty much certain. The question is precisely what kind, though -- there's a huge difference, for example, between R1b1b2a* (R-L23) and R1b1b2a1b4c (R-L2 or R-S139).

Comment

My update now gives me a haplotype of R1b1a2 (M269). I have no matches at 25 markers and cannot find much information on this haplotype. I am sure it is European but is it common to any particular country or is it just scattered throughout Europe?

Comment

Working...
                              X