Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing! autosomal match leads to paper trail MRCA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing! autosomal match leads to paper trail MRCA...

we are 11th cousins once removed.
    I'd given up. We'd exhausted the surnames that were in our lists of surnames, Helm and Lytle. She kept on it, though, and found our MRCA in the Netherlands, born 1590. 2 of her daughters came to America, one ended up in what's now New Jersey, the other in Brooklyn. From those two sisters descend my cousin and me - A truly All-American Story!

(not my first confirmed match, in fact it's my third, but 11th cousins once removed - are you kidding me!)

Originally posted by dwight View Post
    we are 11th cousins once removed.
    I'd given up. We'd exhausted the surnames that were in our lists of surnames, Helm and Lytle. She kept on it, though, and found our MRCA in the Netherlands, born 1590. 2 of her daughters came to America, one ended up in what's now New Jersey, the other in Brooklyn. From those two sisters descend my cousin and me - A truly All-American Story!

(not my first confirmed match, in fact it's my third, but 11th cousins once removed - are you kidding me!)
    HOLY CHROMOSOME Dwight! That IS amazing!

Judy

Comment

Congrats on your new cousin and MCRA.
      Did you know beforehand that you are part Colonial Dutch (New Amsterdam) or is that also newly found information?

I have Colonial Dutch ancestry too, from my New Jersey paternal grandmother (if she wasn't adopted and her paper-trail is correct). The Dutch also lived in Brookyn and some of my NJ lines had roots in Brooklyn. Other branches moved to upstate New York.

Comment

i had it all in my tree - it just wasn't a branch i'd paid much attention to - not that far back anyway.

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
        Congrats on your new cousin and MCRA.
        Did you know beforehand that you are part Colonial Dutch (New Amsterdam) or is that also newly found information?

I have Colonial Dutch ancestry too, from my New Jersey paternal grandmother (if she wasn't adopted and her paper-trail is correct). The Dutch also lived in Brookyn and some of my NJ lines had roots in Brooklyn. Other branches moved to upstate New York.

Comment

Good thing your newly found cousin kept digging. And you both did Family Finder.

Originally posted by dwight View Post
          i had it all in my tree - it just wasn't a branch i'd paid much attention to - not that far back anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X