Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
    Not to mention the mDNA test.
    I have already conjured up some images . Like how to tell my 86 year old Fench speaking mother (who's family comes from Normandy that she may not be as French as she thinks she is:" Hey mom, guess what, your really a Viking "
    That shouldn't be too difficult. The origin of the name Normandy is the Vikings (Norman = Norseman = north man) who were invited to settle there and become rulers of the local area in exchange for preventing further Viking raids on France. The Norman dialect of French has many words borrowed from Old Norse.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
      That shouldn't be too difficult. The origin of the name Normandy is the Vikings (Norman = Norseman = north man) who were invited to settle there and become rulers of the local area in exchange for preventing further Viking raids on France. The Norman dialect of French has many words borrowed from Old Norse.
      Aye it really isn't that surprising my Mother's Paternal side comes from Normandy as well and I hope to get my Uncle to someday take the Y-DNA test to see what results he gets.

Comment

Well my March 18th due mtDNA came back yesterday.I posted in the batch section also.
        My maternal line is H haplotype which is what I expected. Since 40 % of Europeans have that haplotype that is conclusive enough for me and I won't refine it. My yDNA is also due at the end of March and where my main objective of being tested is. Like everyone I suppose I hope they come back early!

Comment

Working...
        X