Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTDNA International shipping costs ?

Hello,

Sorry I don't know if it is the right place to ask but I couldn't find the information anywhere on FTDNA site. Is the price indicated for the different tests include international shipping costs for the kit ? If it is not the case, how much are the additional shipping fees to France ?

Since the prices shown do not include shipping within the USA I would say no. The P&H for the US is $4.00 US. If you'll send me an e-mail to [email protected] telling me where you want the kit mailed I'll call them and find out what the cost will be.

Comment

You'd have to ask FTDNA's customer service that question. Also, be aware that some countries charge customs duty on these tests.

I live in Uruguay and arrange to have my kits shipped to friends/relatives in the US. I do the sampling and ship the kit back when I'm in the US on visits. It certainly adds to the "processing time" but the advantage is I don't have to worry about the kit getting lost. It would cost $50 (and four hours of bus travel) for me to ship it back via FedEx (the ONLY reliable method from here).

Gaye

Comment

FTDNA told me this morning that the charge for International shipping is $6.00 US. Return postage is not included.

Comment

Just to add something, international shipping in general can take up to three weeks. Most of the time there is no problems with customs on coming back, but sometimes the shipping is delayed, it seems to be on a case by case basis.

-Darren Marin
          Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by Itai View Post
            Hello,

Sorry I don't know if it is the right place to ask but I couldn't find the information anywhere on FTDNA site. Is the price indicated for the different tests include international shipping costs for the kit ? If it is not the case, how much are the additional shipping fees to France ?
            Good to see a French national being tested!

Comment

Hello,

The shipping was 6 Euros for me (I live in Austria) and my kit arrived in less than 3 weeks. I returned the samples for 2,50 Euros Priority and they sent me a confirmation that they received them in less than 2 weeks (18th of Jan).

They estimate that my first results will be finished around the 4th of March.

Regards,
              Gerald

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
                Good to see a French national being tested!
                Well, I am not getting tested on FTDNA yet, even though I'd very much like to. But it is going to take some time to get the money. For now my father made the 23andme test which in his case was much cheaper and I'll start working on that Getting the FTDNA tests will be my next step but it probably be a few months before I can afford it...

Comment

Well, I am not getting tested on FTDNA yet, even though I'd very much like to. But it is going to take some time to get the money. For now my father made the 23andme test which in his case was much cheaper and I'll start working on that Getting the FTDNA tests will be my next step but it probably be a few months before I can afford it...
                  May I ask has your father's Y-line has been in France for many generations, and what is his haplogroup?

Comment

Sorry, we are immigrants in France, so no, not long ago at all... As for haplogroups, we will need to wait for 23andme to recieve and then analyse the test that was just sent to know...

Comment

Sorry, we are immigrants in France, so no, not long ago at all... As for haplogroups, we will need to wait for 23andme to recieve and then analyse the test that was just sent to know...
                      Okay, thanks.

Comment

Kit shipping costs are now in the FTDNA FAQ:

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq/ans...px?faqid=4#424

Comment

Working...
                        X