Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my mtDNA results

Folks:

I just received my mtDNA results. Turns out I am Haplotype T (I1 for Y-DNA). Other than that, will anyone please let me know what the rest tells me???

HVR1 differences from CRS
    16126C 16182T 16183C 16189C 16294T 16296T

THANKS!

-Marc

Congrats

Originally posted by marcusbgray View Post
    Folks:

I just received my mtDNA results. Turns out I am Haplotype T (I1 for Y-DNA). Other than that, will anyone please let me know what the rest tells me???

THANKS!

-Marc
    Congratulations on getting your results.
    I don't have any helpful info to add. Did you click to see where your matches are from? If you didn't see any, go to user preferences and put a check mark for viewing HVR1 matches and update it and then look at your "matches" again. The first MTDNA T person I ever heard of was Bryan Sykes , author of mtdna book Seven Daughters of Eve, and because of that I tend to think of T as a Celtic haplngroup even though it is found all over Europe.

You can also search for matches on www.mitosearch.org .

Elizabeth
    Last edited by rainbow; 11 January 2011, 02:00 AM. Reason: human error (typo)

Comment

Originally posted by marcusbgray View Post

Hi Marc and all,

If you have trouble finding matches it will probably be because of the 16182T mutation. I can't find one of those anywhere; it's usually 16182C. (The CRS is an A.) Did you type that incorrectly? If not, you might ask FTDNA to confirm it. Strange things happen in mtDNA, so that might be one of them.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Apparently the mtDNA Haplogroup of Jesse James was T2

Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hurst View Post
          Hi Marc and all,

If you have trouble finding matches it will probably be because of the 16182T mutation. I can't find one of those anywhere; it's usually 16182C. (The CRS is an A.) Did you type that incorrectly? If not, you might ask FTDNA to confirm it. Strange things happen in mtDNA, so that might be one of them.

Bill Hurst
          I copied and pasted directly from my results page.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hurst View Post
            Hi Marc and all,

Bill Hurst
            I have 5 matches or so as of now.

Comment

Your 16294 puts you in T. You have none of the T1 mutations. Your 16296 suggests T2, and having 16189 without 16298 suggests you may be T2f*.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                Your 16294 puts you in T. You have none of the T1 mutations. Your 16296 suggests T2, and having 16189 without 16298 suggests you may be T2f*.
                THANKS! News to me.

Comment

Working...
                X