No announcement yet.

Warrior gene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been to the forum for a couple days and didn't see your reply. Thanks for your input. Your opinion mirrors my opinion.
    FTDNA should make the test available to women. I think FTDNA is making it "men only" for marketing reasons. I think it's because men order/take more dna tests. The FTDNA ydna database is bigger than the mtdna database.
    I wouldn't be suprised if both of my grandmothers had at least one, maybe both of their X chromosones affected with Monoamine Oxidase A.
    I think that if a woman has even just one copy it should be paid attention to and studied. Equality in DNA. Women who have one or two may express it differently than men. Or, most men don't pay attention to how women express anger (various ways). This so-called "warrior" gene should be studied more.

Elizabeth
    Originally posted by Kasandra View Post
    Accordiung to FTDNA they won't offer it because it's not known what effect it has on women. THat's horse****. SHouldn't you be allowed to know your odds of giving birth to a hyper angry male?
    Last edited by rainbow; 10 December 2010, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
      Women who have one or two may express it differently than men. Elizabeth
      This may be the case. I mean it could have a totaly different result.

I recall something about gayness, many, many years ago (and so, maybe it turned to be false by now)

It was about some study found a genetic mutation that may cause men to be gay but women to be nymphomaniacal.

I recall, it was only inheritable over the matrial lineage.

And that it was found after one realised that gay men have a high over average chance to have an gay uncle but no higher chance to have gay people in their direct male lineage than average.

Well, maybe it turned out to be coincidence, since I never ever heard about it after that.

Comment

My thinking was that the "warrior gene" in women may show up as a tendency to be short-tempered, have ADHD ADD symptoms (attention deficiet/hyperactiviy), mismanage priorities, and have a mean streak that comes out verbally, or in manipulating and lying to people, and basically being evil subtly, or mean to their kids.
        The "warrior gene" in men is expressed in unprovoked extreme physical violence.
        Last edited by rainbow; 12 December 2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Warrior Gene PBS & FSU

Here is a link to additional info 3 articles plus regarding the "warrior gene' to be shown tonight & FSU Researcher & Professor K. Beaver
          http://www.fsu.com/News/FSU-professo...raphic-Channel

Comment

Originally posted by jtel09 View Post
            Here is a link to additional info 3 articles plus regarding the "warrior gene' to be shown tonight & FSU Researcher & Professor K. Beaver
            http://www.fsu.com/News/FSU-professo...raphic-Channel
            Thanks for the info.
            I don't have cable. The PBS channel in my area probably won't have it. And if they were to schedule it, it would probably be preempted and replaced with more Bocelli or Rieu.

Comment

I saw the warrior gene on TV tonight and it was very good. FTDNA got a nice plug for doing the testing.
              If you have the warrior gene, stay calm. lol

Comment

lol on which tv?

Comment

Working...
                X