Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FGS sale now on for first 250 orders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FGS sale now on for first 250 orders

    According to sources, there's another limited order mtDNA sale on at FTDNA:

    Last fall Family Tree DNA offered a significant discount for anyone who wanted to order the full mtDNA sequence. The response was met with an overwhelming interest.

    For a limited time we will offer this test, to you at the discounted price of $189, and we will limit the number of orders to 250 on a first come, first served basis. Please be aware that all payment must be made by credit card at the time of the order.

    By limiting the quantity of this promotion, we expect results to be posted within 5 weeks.

    Once the sale is over the full mtDNA sequence will return to its original price of $239. HVR2 to Mega Was $239 Now $189

  • #2
    Originally posted by gtc View Post
    According to sources, there's another limited order mtDNA sale on at FTDNA:

    Last fall Family Tree DNA offered a significant discount for anyone who wanted to order the full mtDNA sequence. The response was met with an overwhelming interest.

    For a limited time we will offer this test, to you at the discounted price of $189, and we will limit the number of orders to 250 on a first come, first served basis. Please be aware that all payment must be made by credit card at the time of the order.

    By limiting the quantity of this promotion, we expect results to be posted within 5 weeks.

    Once the sale is over the full mtDNA sequence will return to its original price of $239. HVR2 to Mega Was $239 Now $189
    Hi gtc. How can one place an order for the FGS at the promo price? I attempted to access the order page through the various projects I administrate, but did not find any reduced price for the FGS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dok101 View Post
      Hi gtc. How can one place an order for the FGS at the promo price? I attempted to access the order page through the various projects I administrate, but did not find any reduced price for the FGS.
      I think they are running an email campaign, possibly via project admins. I suggest calling them and ask how to take advantage of the limited order.

      Comment


      • #4
        Special Offers

        The sale is for the upgrade only. HVR2 to Mega Was $239 Now $189. I just checked my myFTDNA website and in the left hand column there is a link for "Special Offers".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
          The sale is for the upgrade only. HVR2 to Mega Was $239 Now $189. I just checked my myFTDNA website and in the left hand column there is a link for "Special Offers".
          I must say it's a confusing mail message.

          They say, (note bolded bits):

          Last fall Family Tree DNA offered a significant discount for anyone who wanted to order the full mtDNA sequence. The response was met with an overwhelming interest.

          For a limited time we will offer this test, to you at the discounted price of $189,


          "This test" is construed as meaning the FGS that they just mentioned.

          and

          Once the sale is over the full mtDNA sequence will return to its original price of $239

          Then at the end they mention the HVR2 to Mega.
          Last edited by gtc; 1 November 2010, 08:22 AM. Reason: typo

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gtc View Post
            According to sources, there's another limited order mtDNA sale on at FTDNA:

            Last fall Family Tree DNA offered a significant discount for anyone who wanted to order the full mtDNA sequence. The response was met with an overwhelming interest.

            For a limited time we will offer this test, to you at the discounted price of $189, and we will limit the number of orders to 250 on a first come, first served basis. Please be aware that all payment must be made by credit card at the time of the order.

            By limiting the quantity of this promotion, we expect results to be posted within 5 weeks.

            Once the sale is over the full mtDNA sequence will return to its original price of $239. HVR2 to Mega Was $239 Now $189
            I am sure glad that they are doing this because I took the FGS test well over a year ago and I have not seen one single additional HVR1, HVR2 or FGS match since the day I received my initial test results, and I think this is a bit odd to not even get a occasional new HVR1 match. Has anyone else experienced this?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nolnacsj View Post
              I am sure glad that they are doing this because I took the FGS test well over a year ago and I have not seen one single additional HVR1, HVR2 or FGS match since the day I received my initial test results, and I think this is a bit odd to not even get a occasional new HVR1 match. Has anyone else experienced this?
              I have zero matches on HVR1, HVR2 or FGS, but then I am hg I3, which is quite rare so I guess I can't expect too much.

              Comment

              Working...
              X