Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FGS: another short-term sale is now on

I received today the following notification from my mtHalpogroup admin:

If you have ever thought about ordering and upgrade to the full mitochondrial sequence or Mega test, but felt the price was too high, now is your chance to get it at a discount, which will only last a short time. Last year's sale on these tests generated so many orders that the lab was overwhelmed; therefore this year they are limiting the total number of orders to 500. Once that many have been ordered, the sale will be over. Here are the sale prices:

mtFull Sequence (for your friends and relations who have never ordered an mtDNA test) Was $289 Now $249
    HVR1 to Mega Was $269 Now $219
    HVR2 to Mega Was $239 Now $189

So, if you missed out on the FGS discount last time, now's the time to order it.

That'll be a lucky 500. I think that is the lowest price I've seen.

It took me 4 years to go from my Genograpic Project H to my FTDNA FGS H1c. My HVR2 to Mega took almost 6 months.

Comment

I ordered an upgrade from HVR2 to the FGS for my cousin.

It was only $179.00.

Probably the lab transfer fee at the $189.00 price.

Comment

I ordered mine this morning...amazing that I was going to order it this past weekend and was waiting for an invoice thru the mail....and then I received the e-mail the same weekend!

Comment

I just ordered mine today.

Not sure what else I'm supposed to learn by doing the full sequence, but I'm curious enough that I sent in the money to find out!

Comment

Originally posted by VelvetVellocet View Post
            Not sure what else I'm supposed to learn by doing the full sequence, but I'm curious enough that I sent in the money to find out!
            I must admit that I did the FGS simply to round out the mtDNA side. An unexpected result was that my data provided a reason for the Phylotree to be revised in respect of haplogroup I3.

Comment

Working...
            X