No announcement yet.

E3b Ramblings....Comments welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I misspoke. I realize that nothing can ever tell me, with any degree of certainty, the precise migratory path of my ancestors from East Africa to Sicily. But won't knowing my E3b subclade at least tell me, for example, whether my paternal line has Arabic ancestry, for example, or Berber ancestry?

Comment

• E3b subclade testing

Originally posted by Musso
      I misspoke. I realize that nothing can ever tell me, with any degree of certainty, the precise migratory path of my ancestors from East Africa to Sicily. But won't knowing my E3b subclade at least tell me, for example, whether my paternal line has Arabic ancestry, for example, or Berber ancestry?
      We're thinking alike, Musso. There's no absolute certainty of anything. (Well, except of death). But E3b subclade testing will complement our understanding of our ancestry.

EthnoAncestry is the name of the new company that is now offering SNP testing, unfortunately they are still not offering the tests that will let us know what is our E3b subclade. I need to remind myself to be patient.

Vic

Comment

• Originally posted by Musso
        I misspoke. I realize that nothing can ever tell me, with any degree of certainty, the precise migratory path of my ancestors from East Africa to Sicily. But won't knowing my E3b subclade at least tell me, for example, whether my paternal line has Arabic ancestry, for example, or Berber ancestry?

it should tell you that .i would thinke3b1 and e3b2 would tell you much of that

Comment

• Origin of E3b

Since having my DNA tested in early 2004, and subsequently learning that I am E3b (Y) and H3 (mtDNA), I have been attempting to answer the WHERE? Where did the E3b and H3 come from? Geographically speaking, how did my ancestors get from where they originated to the British Isles and eventually the USA.
          Everything I've read from the learned academians is that E3b originated in Africa and H3 originated on the Iberian Peninsula. I cannot in anyway argue the origin of H3; however I have developed an hypothesis about E3b, and it begs to be answered. It begs to be answered logically, and factually. The hypothesis is this:

IF YAP is in fact a Unique Event Polymorphism; THEN by definition, this event occured ONCE and at one place, affecting one population.
          IF YAP is in fact the defining marker for D and E Haplogroups; THEN by association, these two Haplogroups originated in the same locale.
          IF D and E Haplogroups originated in the same location; THEN where is the location, region or continent with similar concentrations of both D and E haplotypes, and wouldn't that be the logical place of origin?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaken24
            IF YAP is in fact a Unique Event Polymorphism; THEN by definition, this event occured ONCE and at one place, affecting one population.
            I would think so also.

IF YAP is in fact the defining marker for D and E Haplogroups;
            Not exactly the defining mutation but a common mutation, yes.

THEN by association, these two Haplogroups originated in the same locale.
            Not necessarily, but it depends on your definition of locale.

IF D and E Haplogroups originated in the same location; THEN where is the location, region or continent with similar concentrations of both D and E haplotypes, and wouldn't that be the logical place of origin?
            My thoughts about this are that the location of the highest concentration of YAP would be the hypothetical place of divergence previous to the appearance of D and E. (Which in my opinion is Northeast Africa)

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Since having my DNA tested in early 2004, and subsequently learning that I am E3b (Y) and H3 (mtDNA), I have been attempting to answer the WHERE? Where did the E3b and H3 come from? Geographically speaking, how did my ancestors get from where they originated to the British Isles and eventually the USA.
              Look 1st when ice melted and weather warmed i am sure some people were stuck on the other side of the mediterian and yet others followed game north.

that said
              A]
              the melicians were lead by a jewish teacher from eygpt who lead his people west and eventually crossed to spain . their ancestor was named geale and was bitten by a snake in the desert with moses and healed by the bronze snake. they became gauls and settled most of europe [france spain] . moses gave them a prophecy that they would have no snakes in their land god was preparing for them. when they heard about ireland they took it as the fullfillment and conquered the thaiuthada danaan
              B]The keltoi in the area of syria after the fall of assyria inwhich they abated the persians and meades . they left and crossed the mts. and went west to europe and great britian
              C the thuathada danaan [tribe of dan ] in league with the pheonecians crossed the middle fo the europe along the danube into britian and ireland

d] Virgil tells us aenead and his son brutis after the fall of troy went to rome . where brutis killed his dad in a hunting accident . he had to leave so he went to greece where he beat a greek king and stole his fleet and trojan slaves. they sailed to hibernia where his cousins were. then they sailed to found a new city called new troy. which became london.

e] the romans nuf said

F] THE Spainards and muslims also nuf said

g] for years invading armies tried to come thru the balkins and the serbs stopped them
              h ] the kashars who defended constantanople for years from the muslims

i ] the british army navy and diplomats god know what dna they spread

J] dont forget the spainish danish germans italians

point is who knows . what i look at is who am i matching some britany people
              but jewish converts,germans,ashkenazis, and a suspect touch of royalty

all i wanted was to know more about a mason in longford ireland i didnt want any special people but the matches have storys . they are painting a picture.
              alot more needs to be seen but a taste is developing

Comment

• Well, to be truthful, YAP is the defining marker for DE* Haplogroup. I have never found a case reported of a DE* being tested.
                Since the highest concentrations of D are in Japan, and the highest concentrations of E are in Africa.
                I have to wonder where the origin of YAP was, and what was the migration of the DE* folks that eventually became D and E.

Just wonderin' and hopin' for an answer. Thanks for your 2 cents Victor.

Jeff
                Last edited by jaken24; 8 August 2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Well, to be truthful, YAP is the defining marker for DE* Haplogroup. I have never found a case reported of a DE* being tested.
                  Since the highest concentrations of D are in Japan, and the highest concentrations of E are in Africa.
                  I have to wonder where the origin of YAP was, and what was the migration of the DE* folks that eventually became D and E.

Just wonderin' and hopin' for an answer. Thanks for your 2 cents Victor.

Jeff
                  Hi,

Look at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/calabria%5Fdna/

and specifically Y DNA table of results - you will see that someone has been SNP tested for YAP.

regards,
                  CNT

Comment

• Originally posted by CNT
                    Hi,

Look at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/calabria%5Fdna/

and specifically Y DNA table of results - you will see that someone has been SNP tested for YAP.

regards,
                    CNT

no yap involed and slightly off topic
                    another italian province project

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...aly%20Project/

Comment

• YAP tested where?

CNT,
                      Where were they tested? Not FTDNA I presume. Was it DNA Heritage?
                      That is interesting news, Thanks

Jeffrey Stewart

Comment

CNT,

Jeffrey Stewart
                        I don't think FTDNA allows posting haplotypes tested elsewhere in their DNA project pages, but maybe they do.

Victor Villarreal

Comment

CNT,

Jeffrey Stewart
                          Hi Jeffrey,

The table of results in the Calabria project is generated by FTDNA.

Please visit : http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/inde...edisplay<br />

Many of your genetic genealogy questions can be answered here.

Regards,
                          CNT

Comment

• I doubt that any of the archived Genealogy-DNA-L will answer the question, I have subscribed to that list for quite sometime. I have posed the same question to that list, and got some interesting responses. The closest to an answer I have found is here: ""Rare Deep-Rooting Y Chromosome Lineages in Humans:" Lessons in Phylogeography."" Micheal E. Weale et.al. 2003 Genetics Society of America.
                            Back to the Calabria project table, in the column marked h a p l o someone, (hopefully not FTDNA) has inserted YAP. YAP is not a Haplogroup nor is it a haplotype, if one would read the above mentioned article they can get a professional definition of YAP.
                            And the question still remains, where is the origin of the D and E Haplogroups?
                            If one uses current populations and concentrations of haplotypes therein, to establish the origin; where is the trail of D between Africa and Japan? Or where is the trail of E between eastern Asis and Africa?
                            I really didn't expect an answer here I was merely hoping someone had stumbled across some new research that I haven't found yet.

Thanks for your replies
                            Jeffrey Stewart

Comment

• Some Khazars married Jews and Arabs

Originally posted by Jim Denning
                              h ] the kashars who defended constantanople for years from the muslims ... point is who knows .
                              Hi Jim - It's unlikely that many Khazars had E3b as their haplogroup. Most probably fell in groups that start with P, Q, and R. Though we know that some Khazars married Jews who had immigrated to Khazaria and also those in Constantinople, and it has to be true that some of these Jews had E3b. But there is one group of Khazars that is likely to have had an abundance of E3b: the descendants of Khazar slave-soldiers who were purchased by Arabs and sent to the Abbasid Caliphate for military training. They had wives and children, kept their Khazar identity for several generations, but adopted Islam, and eventually they started to use Muslim names rather than Turkic names. Some of these Khazars lived in Iraq, others in Egypt or elsewhere. Naturally after some time there would have been assimilation with other people in Arabia.

Comment

• Originally posted by khazaria
                                Hi Jim - It's unlikely that many Khazars had E3b as their haplogroup. Most probably fell in groups that start with P, Q, and R. Though we know that some Khazars married Jews who had immigrated to Khazaria and also those in Constantinople, and it has to be true that some of these Jews had E3b. But there is one group of Khazars that is likely to have had an abundance of E3b: the descendants of Khazar slave-soldiers who were purchased by Arabs and sent to the Abbasid Caliphate for military training. They had wives and children, kept their Khazar identity for several generations, but adopted Islam, and eventually they started to use Muslim names rather than Turkic names. Some of these Khazars lived in Iraq, others in Egypt or elsewhere. Naturally after some time there would have been assimilation with other people in Arabia.

look eb3s are plentifiul there.
                                no one group is limited to one or even 3 ydnas hallopgroups.it just isnt that clear to associate any one hallopgroup with any one place. but what i was refering to is alot of history is ignored not thought to be useful. but it is.
                                and usualy dna proves it right

i am eb3 with strong jewish lines yet fully irish

Comment

Working...
                                X