Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtc
    replied
    It's a mystery why some people get tested -- especially to 67 markers which ordinarily would indicate a serious searcher. Perhaps he was simply trying to confirm his surname.

Leave a comment:

• Bellworx
    replied
    Match

I went that route when I realized he wasnt responding. Didnt work. I found him on myspace and messaged him. Only one reply, verified it was him and that was it. He didnt respond again. He was my 1 and only 67 match lol. Sux...

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellworx View Post
    Yea Im confused. I guess it will have to be the waiting game for now. I wish my 67 marker match with a genetic distance of 1 would reply to my emails on FTDNA.
    Very frustrating, as GD of 1 over 67 is remarkable.

I gather that some people have broken through by asking FTDNA to contact the other party and let them know that a potential relative is trying to contact them, so you could perhaps try that approach.

Leave a comment:

• smith1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellworx View Post
    Yea Im confused. I guess it will have to be the waiting game for now. I wish my 67 marker match with a genetic distance of 1 would reply to my emails on FTDNA. But you can't twist everyone's arm lol. I checked out the roots site. Slightly confusing but Ill try there for now.

Thanks Stevo!
    Don't feel alone. I was and still am very confused with dna and ancestry. I thought it was just me and now I am finding out that LOTS of people that look into this are just as confused as us.

Leave a comment:

• Bellworx
    replied
    Lost

Yea Im confused. I guess it will have to be the waiting game for now. I wish my 67 marker match with a genetic distance of 1 would reply to my emails on FTDNA. But you can't twist everyone's arm lol. I checked out the roots site. Slightly confusing but Ill try there for now.

Thanks Stevo!

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Man, I would like to help, and I tried Ysearch, but you don't have any close matches at all that I could find. Unfortunately, I am not expert enough with R1a1 to see any trends or indicators.

I would suggest you subscribe to the Rootsweb DNA List and check with Doug McDonald and the other R1a1 gurus there:

http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/i...ALOGY-DNA.html

Good hunting!

Leave a comment:

• Bellworx
    started a topic Any ideas of origin

Any ideas of origin

It would be cool to hear anyone's ideas on my paternal origins. I know many people here understand this alot more than me. On ysearch and ftdna I am kind of all over the place. I check frequently for updates but get the same info over and over. I don't understand the significance of my matches since I don't have any real close ones. Very confusing! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ysearch:RSXGW

As always, thank you for any help!
Working...
X