Help interpreting HVR2 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help interpreting HVR2 Results

I just received the results of my HVR2 test. As expected, no matches on FTDNA. On Mitosearch there is one person that appears to match me exactly at the HVR2 level, but does not at the HVR1 level. Mitosearch says that is a difference of -1. How relevant is this match to me? I'm guessing not at all.

I'm listed as L2a. What do these results tell me about my maternal line beyond an origin in Africa? What does it mean that I have no matches??????

Any help interpreting results would be greatly appreciated.

Kit # 62671
    Haplogroup - L2a
    HVR1 differences from CRS
    16086Y
    16212G
    16223T
    16278T
    16294T
    16309G
    16390A
    HVR2 differences from CRS
    73G
    143A
    146C
    152C
    195C
    263G
    309.1C
    315.1C

The 16309 could place you in L2a1
    http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_L.htm

A -1 match means that you have an additional mutation relative to this person (I assume it's 16212). And yes, it doesn't mean much, it could be thousands of years away. If you had many near matches, you could try to infer something from their geographical origin, but that's not the case.

Unfortunately, Africa hasn't been sampled much, so relatively little is known about the fine scale distribution of haplogroups. Besides, L2a is the most common subgroup especially in West Africa, so it is quite widespread and it is not possible to pinpoint to any place more specifically.

cacio

Comment

Originally posted by cacio View Post
      The 16309 could place you in L2a1
      http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_L.htm

A -1 match means that you have an additional mutation relative to this person (I assume it's 16212). And yes, it doesn't mean much, it could be thousands of years away. If you had many near matches, you could try to infer something from their geographical origin, but that's not the case.

Unfortunately, Africa hasn't been sampled much, so relatively little is known about the fine scale distribution of haplogroups. Besides, L2a is the most common subgroup especially in West Africa, so it is quite widespread and it is not possible to pinpoint to any place more specifically.

cacio

Thanks for the feedback. I'm also waiting on the final results of my Deep Clade R test. So far it says that I've tested negative for U106 and negative also for L1 under U106. Again, don't know what that means but I'll wait till the final results.

Comment

Working...
      X