deep clad test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
    For some reason, the report on L1 & U106 always seem to come first. The rest will appear in a few days.

Timothy Peterman
    I have often wondered about that. I have seen the L2- result reported first a number of times. I have a project member right now who is awaiting Deep Clade-R results and the first results he got were "L2- P312+". But I have also seen U106- reported first.

I wonder how FTDNA decides which SNP to check for first. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the procedure, though, and it is not a matter of preferring to check for one thing over another but what first becomes apparent in an array of tests?

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
      For some reason, the report on L1 & U106 always seem to come first. The rest will appear in a few days.

Timothy Peterman
      Thanks Someone else said it on a different post, this process does teach one patience. Less than one week to go! I'll be happy with any result, so long as it's confirmed

So, far it's still only showing L1- U106- and nothing else. Oh, the suspense!

Comment

Originally posted by dawer View Post
        Thanks Someone else said it on a different post, this process does teach one patience. Less than one week to go! I'll be happy with any result, so long as it's confirmed

So, far it's still only showing L1- U106- and nothing else. Oh, the suspense!
        I think you will be P312+ at least, and I am hoping you will also be L21+.

Just my semi-blind prediction for fun. Let's see how it comes out!

Comment

I got an email a couple of weeks ago from a group administrator saying that I was L21 and suggesting I join that project group. I emailed him and asked if that was a sure thing because I was waiting the results but have not heard back from him.

I just haven't been lucky in that I have only two somewhat close matches in the entire Y-DNA database and NO matches on the mtDNA side, so I'll take any results so long as they're confirmed.

I'll let you know if you're right

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
          I think you will be P312+ at least, and I am hoping you will also be L21+.

Just my semi-blind prediction for fun. Let's see how it comes out!

Comment

I got an email a couple of weeks ago from a group administrator saying that I was L21 and suggesting I join that project group.
            Stevo is the Lord of L21 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
              Stevo is the Lord of L21 :-)
              Thanks for that compliment, but I think of myself more as the court jester of L21.

Comment

Okay, so my Deep Clade R results are officially late Figured they would have it on time, since I've had quite a few people offer an L21 prediction but the wait continues, hopefully tomorrow

Comment

L1- U106- and waiting

I noticed my haplotree results now have a line above with '-' for haplogroup and L1- and U106- to the right... I guess I'm in the waiting game for more results from the Deep Clade R myself.

Can anybody explain why they come out in this fashion? Do the test the most likely suspects first and then proceed with more tests based on those results?

Results aren't officially due until 8/16 (batch 367).
                  -mark.

Comment

A few people commented earlier that that's how it goes typically. Not sure what the reason is.

I just got an email from FTDNA saying my sample was contaminated so they're checking a second vial. They got as far as saying I'm L1- RP132+ U106- but I guess they couldn't go further than that cause of the sample, so I have to wait for them to check the second vial or, worse case, wait till they send me a kit for a new sample.

Comment

A few people commented earlier that that's how it goes typically. Not sure what the reason is.

I just got an email from FTDNA saying my sample was contaminated so they're checking a second vial. They got as far as saying I'm L1- RP132+ U106- but I guess they couldn't go further than that cause of the sample, so I have to wait for them to check the second vial or, worse case, wait till they send me a kit for a new sample.
                      Hang in there!

You'll be glad when your results come in . . . and they will come in eventually!

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance!

Comment

So the deadline for my Deep Clade R test was moved to 8/13/20. Again, that came and went and no results. I'm sure it'll be attributed to a poor scraping, so I will have to wait for a new kit. They were able to confirm I'm R1b1b2a1b and negative for L1 and U106.

Is there a risk that my results confirmed thus far would are made invalid if a new test kit is required?

If a new test kit is required, I think I may just go ahead and order the Family Finder test because of the Population Finder feature that's gonna be available soon...

Comment

Is there a risk that my results confirmed thus far would are made invalid if a new test kit is required?
                            I'd say that's unlikely. My understanding is that FTDNA will not furnish a result unless they are confident of its accuracy.

If a new test kit is required, I think I may just go ahead and order the Family Finder test because of the Population Finder feature that's gonna be available soon...
                            As you know, deep clade testing and FF have different purposes. If I'm reading the R haplotree correctly, then R1b1b2a1b makes you R1b-P312, and there are quite a lot of SNPs downstream of that point, so you may still be interested in exploring that territory.

Family Finder requires unused samples, and I don't know if FTDNA can pass any unused material from FF to the Deep Clade process after FF testing is complete. If they can, then it would probably save me a re-scrape for further Deep Clade tests as they emerge.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
                              I'd say that's unlikely. My understanding is that FTDNA will not furnish a result unless they are confident of its accuracy.

As you know, deep clade testing and FF have different purposes. If I'm reading the R haplotree correctly, then R1b1b2a1b makes you R1b-P312, and there are quite a lot of SNPs downstream of that point, so you may still be interested in exploring that territory.

Family Finder requires unused samples, and I don't know if FTDNA can pass any unused material from FF to the Deep Clade process after FF testing is complete. If they can, then it would probably save me a re-scrape for further Deep Clade tests as they emerge.
                              Yep. I am still awaiting the results. I have a feeling I may be L21 as others have suggested, or even just P312*.

I emailed FTDNA and I understood from their reply that if they sent me a new kit for finishing the Deep Clade R, that same kit could be used for the Family Finder test. I could have misread their reply though.

Comment

I emailed FTDNA and I understood from their reply that if they sent me a new kit for finishing the Deep Clade R, that same kit could be used for the Family Finder test. I could have misread their reply though.
                                The requirement, as per emails from them, is that FF requires fresh (i.e. unused) vials.

They already had 3 vials from me that had been used for STR marker and SNP testing, but when I ordered FF they sent me fresh vials on the basis of needing previously unused vials.

Comment

Working...
                                X