Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you submitted your MtFullSequences to Genbank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by similligan View Post
    I ordered the FMS for my father and myself back in late 2008. We received emails from FTDNA asking permission to use our results in studies and we gave our permission. There was no survey and we didn't receive any other reply after our consent.

Is there a way to check if we are included in GenBank? Or would this have been referring to different studies?

Susan
    Hi Susan,

Last time I checked, the 4,265 new sequences, mostly from FTDNA, have not been added to GenBank. There is a new website, mtdnacommunity.org , that has tools to look for answers to various questions. Not all of it is working yet.

I think this is the first time the consented sequences from FTDNA have been sent to GenBank. The 1,237 from FTDNA already on GenBank were directly submitted by the customers.

Watch this space!

Bill Hurst

Comment

submissions to GenBank ??

Is it even possible for individuals to submit their result files directly to GenBank any more?

One of my FGS/FMS matches received a message to the effect that they could no longer include FTDNA or BG on the GenBank "flat file" (proof copy of the submission page). This creates a privacy issue for people wishing to contribute... and brings the individual results submission process to a screeching halt until it gets resolved.

The last I heard, no decision had yet been reached on how to deal with this situation. I have sent an inquiry to FTDNA to find out if this information is correct and if so, what the reasoning is. With luck they will already have worked something out and have a solution or work around available.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has received similar correspondence.

Comment

Working...
      X