Why more money ??????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smith1 View Post
    And how do i do that ? I clicked on "my matches" on the haplotree link. It says i have one exact match in England, then it starts on the "mutation" stuff that confuses me. Also, how in the world can i have an 'exact match" in England?
    You have a matching hapologroup to someone who listed their country of origin of their ancestor as England. They might not live in England now but their ancestors did.

1 step mutations are the same thing as genetic distance of 1. You can see it listed as genetic distance when you choose "Matches" instead of "Haplotree"

Each page in your login in under Y-DNA is for a different purpose of research.
    "Matches" is to show you the those who match to you.
    "Haplotree" is to show you which haplogroup matches you have.
    "Origins" is to show you where the other people who match you have listed their country of origin as.

Comment

when i log in to family tree dna and click on "haplotree". It says "your PREDICTED haplogroup is 12b1". I ordered the test because i thought i would get some straight answers. I have paperwork and an old fashioned family tree in a notebook on the paternal line back to the 1600's. I didn't study this and find this stuff out, my dad did. He's dead now and I'm not sure where he found out his information. I joined the "surname project" for my last name. The group admin and I started emailing back and forth and from the way he described it I could get some answers and confirmation from this test. When I go to the "results page" for the surname project there is this huge graph with letters and numbers all over it. On the far left there are some names and dates. I swabbed my mouth and payed the money back in October of last year.
      Ask your group admin to run a report on your genetic distance from his group admin / member information and report page. This report will compare your yDNA readings to the rest of the group and tell you which of them is the most closest related (lowest genetic distance). That might be an easier to understand chart instead of the one you are describing.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
        Hi.

I2b1

"Haplogroup I2b1 seem to correlate fairly well with the extent of historical influence of Germanic peoples. Haplogroup I2b1 has been found in over 4% of the population only in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, England (not including Wales or Cornwall), Scotland, and the southern tips of Sweden and Norway in Northwest Europe; the provinces of Normandy, Maine, Anjou, and Perche in northwestern France; the province of Provence in southeastern France; the regions of Tuscany, Umbria, and Latium in Italy; and Moldavia and the area around Russia's Ryazan Oblast and Republic of Mordovia in Eastern Europe. One subclade of Haplogroup I2b1, namely I2b1a (M284), has been found almost exclusively among the population of Great Britain, suggesting that the clade may have a very long history in that island."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_I2_(Y-DNA)

An exact match in England with only one mutation is excellent! That could be the family line your father's English ancestor descends from. Congratulations.
        Thanks for the info. See that is what I meant in my other post on the other thread. I do believe I had my expectations too high coming into this. I was thinking I would find out for sure if my ancestor came from England and also I could find out if all those other people in the surname project were my cousins or not. But in reality all I can be sure of is that there is a probablity that all this "could be" the case. Just like you stated, my father's side could have came from England. So how do I find out the approximate time to our most recent common ancestor to this "exact match" i have ? And also who this person is and what there last name is ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
          Ask your group admin to run a report on your genetic distance from his group admin / member information and report page. This report will compare your yDNA readings to the rest of the group and tell you which of them is the most closest related (lowest genetic distance). That might be an easier to understand chart instead of the one you are describing.
          Thanks for the advice. I did. We'll see how this goes.

Comment

So how do I find out the approximate time to our most recent common ancestor to this "exact match" i have ? And also who this person is and what there last name is ? lol
            Have you looked at your Matches page yet? That's where you'll see names and email addresses of any matches you have in the FTDNA database. Note that I'm talking about the Matches link right under the Y-DNA heading on the left side of your page. I know you've already looked at the "My Matches" tab in the Haplotree section, but that's a different page and doesn't give names.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
              Have you looked at your Matches page yet? That's where you'll see names and email addresses of any matches you have in the FTDNA database. Note that I'm talking about the Matches link right under the Y-DNA heading on the left side of your page. I know you've already looked at the "My Matches" tab in the Haplotree section, but that's a different page and doesn't give names.

Elise
              yes, studying that now

Comment

Working...
              X