67 Marker test...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Marker test...

My beloved father passed on September 23, 2007.My oldest brother agreed to take the 67 marker test. We sent it in around March 7, 2010.. In the last 24 hours I have results for 30 markers of out 67. Problem is it is markers 38 through 67... What gives...I know nothing about Y DNA...Will I have to do more testing?
    I did the mtDNA for female line and I am H1a1....

Maria

You paid for 67 you'll get 67. When I did 37 I first got results for 1 throw 12 after about 6 weeks. Than over the next month I got the rest. First Markers 13 to 25 and finishing up with the rest. So don't worry if you paid for 67 you'll get the rest.

Comment

True they are completed in panels and the results trickle in over days. Sounds like you have three more to go -

panel 1 1-12
      panel 2 12-25
      panel 3 26-37
      panel 4 38-47
      panel 5 48-60
      panel 6 61-67

There is a "Pending Lab Results" item you can choose that will show which tests are still pending once you log in. Some tests when newly ordered take a few days to show up as pending.

Comment

Glad to see you back Maria. Great news that your brother has tested.
        As the others said, the results come in panels. I have a project member waiting on his 13-25 markers, the rest have been in for ages, and this panel had problems so they are re running that panel. They will come in eventually.

Comment

oops! yes that panel I mentioned is markers 13-25.. not 12-

Comment

One and only...

When I took the FGS mtDNA test I was told that I would never have to test again...Will the 67 marker test be the only test I will have to take to get my fathers male Y line.. I see people with Haplogroup that have 12 numbers and letters. Is this done with just 67 markers? I traced it back to Germany to 1619...Test results for marker 38-67 have been processed...Just thought 1-37 would come first.. Is this an indicator that there is a problem with the dna sample...

Maria

Comment

There are predicted haplogroups that are derived from the yDNA results and then there is a "deep clade" test that can be taken after that.

There is no problem with your panels. Some panels use different processes than others making some tests take longer to complete.

Comment

Any help would be appreciated....

Here are the results for 30 out of 67 markers so far. Any information given would be most appreciated...

Locus:38-47
                531-11
                578-8
                395s1a-16
                395s1b-16
                590-8
                537-11
                641-10
                472-8
                406s1-11
                511-7

Locus: 48-60
                425-12
                413a-21
                413b-21
                557-15
                594-11
                436-12
                490-12
                534-15
                450-8
                444-12
                481-22
                520-20
                446-13

Locus 61-67
                617-13
                568-10
                487-13
                572-11
                640-11
                492-12
                565-11

Rest of panels due 4/23 and 5/07...

Maria

Comment

Male line I2a or I2a1?

Just recieved my brothers test results back and according to FTDNA, it is I2a. I was pleasantly surprised they came in early, due May 7.. I went to Whit Athey's Y Haplogroup predictor and it came up I2a1 at 100% in Eastern and Northwest Europe... Does an absence of an * mean you can test further?

Maria

Comment

Is there a reason you couldn't see your predicted haplogroup on your FTDNA page? Try re-checking your haplogroup page on FTDNA.. sometimes it takes a day to catch up to your yDNS results.

Comment

Ordered I Deep Clade test...

I found out that my brothers I2a (my beloved father passed September 23,2007) is just a prediction, it isn't proven yet... Didn't know there was a test, so I went ahead and ordered the I Deep Clade test... I think she said 4-6 weeks. Another website predicted I2a1...We'll see whos correct...

Just seen the posting from the man who's test results were incorrect and ended up being a D. How does this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W View Post
                        Just seen the posting from the man who's test results were incorrect and ended up being a D. How does this happen?
                        I think the original J2 was a prediction. Statistical predictions can be wrong as they depend on the amount of data they have for the haplotype in question.

In my case (R1b) I'm in a very large haplogroup so FTDNA has many thousands of haplotypes on which to base their predictions.

Comment

We will predict a haplogroup based on how you match up with other people on your 12 marker test that have confirmed haplogroups through SNP testing. In the case where we cannot confidently predict your haplogroup we will go ahead and run a free back bone test in our SNP Assurance Program. This will confirm the broad haplogroup that you belong to. For more information please see:

http://www.familytreedna.com/snp-assurance-program.aspx

-Darren Marin
                          Family Tree DNA

Comment

Comfirmed Y-I2a1

My fathers Y results have now been changed from I2a to I2a1..
                            Thank you so much Bruce! (Oldest brother) Only have one more brother John...
                            We all miss my beloved father so much!

Also thank you FTDNA..Test results were 4 weeks early!

I need to store my mothers DNA soon. She turned 80 on May 10th. She has been in the hospital 4 times in 5 monthes.. Just spent April 30-May 14 in hospital...
                            Glad to have her home....

Maria

Comment

Getting results made me cry...

I didn't expect to be so emotional when I recieved the results.. I miss my father so much... It made me think of the love that my parents had for each other...They were married 59 years...My mother is in frail health and I don't know how long we have with her..I can't bear to lose her!! I only have 3 other siblings.
                              I can trace his line to Germany in 1620 but I really don't know where his line started...I am a bit confused about it. His mutation(?) was I-M26. Original name was Shunck, then Shunk, then Shook...Not sure why it changed, its not like it was that long or hard of a last name and its not connected to a certain place in Germany either...

Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X