R1b1b2a1b*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1b1b2a1b*

How common is R1b1b2a1b*? And here are most R1b1b2a1b* from?

R-p312*

>> How common is R1b1b2a1b*?

There is a special R-P312 (== R1b1b2a1b) and subclades project group, have you registered? This HG is certainly quite common but also I would like to see something like a pie-chart that says out of all current R1b+++ how much % is any of the subclades. It just bogs me that FTNA doesn't present their SNP results in a statistically more meaningfull way.

But taking the list from the R-P312 project you find that just over 40% is R-P312* and just over 40% is R-L21* and the remaining 16% is distributed over the other subclades. Of course the results are (somewhat) biased by the geographical distribution of people that are tested.

>> And here are most R1b1b2a1b* from?

Well - right now R-P312* live - as expected - pretty much anywhere, in Europe at least. In addition, recent migration patterns (last 400y) are probably overshadowing any relevant distribution variations within the region.
    The first 6 groups on the R-P312 project page YDNA results are all R-P312* but various part of Europe and when you compare their YDNA results there is nothing that sets these groups apart, the statistics are essentially identical. That's sort of what I meant.

In my case I am R-P312* but my Haplotype is a bit of odd, I differ on two STR's which have only rare occurences on the actual values that I have

DYS19=15 (14% of R-P312*), DYS392=14 (5% of R-P312); none (except for me) has this combination. Even on YSearch and the French Heritage list this combination doesn't occur (with matches on pretty much most of the other low-mutation rate STR's at the same time).

I really hope one day I will identify the cluster of people with R-P312* AND DYS19=15 AND DYS392=14. Most likely South of France.

Hope this helps

Comment

lc0, Thanks for pointing out the R-P312_and_Subclades group, I just joined.

Thanks also for your explanation.

Comment

Working...
      X