No ydna matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ydna matches

I have no 12-37 matches. Or 12-37 matches on recent ancestral origins page. Is it a waiting game or do i have to go to another company for results. It seems that family tree dna does not have an african data base My y haplogroup is E1b1a.

I tested about 5 years ago at FTDNA and after the first twelve markers I had no matches. To this day I still have no matches at FTDNA. About two or three years ago I tested at Ancestry and now have 3 close matches. Two of them had tested at another site. FTDNA has the larger and I think the better site. But if you want you can try this, I think you can go to Ancestry and manually inter your results from FTDNA. OH one more thing it want cost you anything to manually inter the results to Ancestry.
    Last edited by EdwardRHill; 1 April 2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I went to Ancestry.com as manually entered my results. I have 3 24 marker matches who are not in ysearch.org nor are they in FTDNA.

If you have not entered data into ysearch.org that is your next step.

Ancestry's matches have to be contacted as they are not notified if you match them nor will you be notified if they upgrade and continue to match you. I have one match I am in contact with now. Our genetic distance is 1 but he needs to test to a 37 marker level next which means.... wait!

Ancestry.com uses 23andme.com for DNA testing.

Comment

Good glad you found some matches. I don't like how Ancestry gives you matches back 60 generation. But they did give me 3 close matches at 42/46 43/46 and 44/46. We don't have the same surnames. But they do have the same name. I found a family that lived near the location of my G Grandfather that had the same last name as my matches, and I found someone in that family that wanted to find out If they are related to Robert E Lee so I sponsored them and now we play the waiting game. Really big family 20 to 30 kids all from one father and maybe 3 mothers. It should cover the hole northern half of the state LOL! I did the y search a long time ago and nothing came of it. I'll have to check it again, its been awhile. Interesting about Ancestry and 23andme I didn't know about that. Good Luck with your research

Comment

Its best you that you consult also other companies. Others might have further details about your ancestry. Its not a usual thing but some companies have more information compared to others. I've realized this when I found some documents about my family ancestry in a company which I didn't found in the first company I consulted.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardRHill View Post
            We don't have the same surnames. But they do have the same name.
            That it is apparently self contradictory. What do you mean?

Comment

yDna

I am new to this site. My son did the ydna, recieved two back and waiting for the main one that will tell his closer realation. Sent off testing in beginning of March and recieved two up to now (April). I need to post his Y on here but haven't figured out how to do so yet, any help from anyone would be greatly apprecitated.
              Thank you
              angell

Comment

Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
                Ancestry.com uses 23andme.com for DNA testing.
                I believe Ancestry uses Sorenson Genomics (also used by SMGF and GeneTree) for it's basic Y and mt tests. The Ancestry and 23andME connection seems just for promotional purposes. I assume they get a referral fee for any further testing by their customers. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                  I have no 12-37 matches. Or 12-37 matches on recent ancestral origins page. Is it a waiting game or do i have to go to another company for results. It seems that family tree dna does not have an african data base My y haplogroup is E1b1a.
                  Your Y-DNA Ancestral Origins and Y-DNA Matches pages only list close matches. I suggest that you upload your results into a public Ysearch entry, via the hyperlink on your Y-DNA Matches page. We can then help you find more distant matches. Such distant matches will not be closely related to you, but may be interesting nonetheless.

Eventually, hopefully, close matches will appear.

Comment

Originally posted by angell View Post
                    I am new to this site. My son did the ydna, recieved two back and waiting for the main one that will tell his closer realation. Sent off testing in beginning of March and recieved two up to now (April). I need to post his Y on here but haven't figured out how to do so yet, any help from anyone would be greatly apprecitated.
                    If you tested with Family Tree DNA, you can upload your Y-DNA results semi-automatically into a public Ysearch entry, via the hyperlink on your Y-DNA Matches page.

If you tested with another company, you can still create a Ysearch entry manually by entering your marker values.

Comment

African American database.

I believe there is a group project within FTDNA for African Americans. I am African American through my maternal grandfather. I too am concerned about the dearth of testing within the African American community. However, I am having my cousin tested to see if our heritage was "daughtered" in. If we are E1b, then our male line, like yours, was uncorrupted going back into Africa.

Good luck and by the way- I too am a fan of Handel!
                      Last edited by Zaru; 20 April 2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene2005
                        If i may lend some advices ?I too have family members tested here, I thinking about to go African Ancestry.com if the cost is good to get my DNA tests result transfers from here to there it should be a lot cheaper then to pay for the full test. Maybe since their company specialize in African Ancestry that maybe do the job. And keep you busy too, I hope this help.
                        Yes, i sent my results over to african ancestry and am very satisfied. The results E1b1a the Balanta people from Guinea Bissau.

Comment

Family Tree DNA also has a sister company African DNA which can be found at www.africandna.com. The testing is designed to find a geographic origin within Africa that your direct lineage would most likely be tracing back to. I am hesitant when I see companies providing specific tribal origins, since if you match someone in Cameroon for example we would also likely find matches in Angola and in other neighboring countries and tribes. Much like with Native American ancestry this makes it near impossible to say with 100% confidence that one's ancestors would trace back to a specific tribe. This is one reason at African DNA we will focus on a region of Africa.

-Darren Marin
                          Family Tree DNA

Comment

My father is also E1b1a - and he has zero 12 step matches and 2 ancestral origins matches which said Afghanistan and Morocco.

I think FTDNA needs more people with African ancestry to test. It would be nice to have matches for my Dad as I have from testing my mtDNA. I am testing his mtDNA now to find out if there are more connections there.

Comment

YHaplogroup B and no matches after 7 years?

Well my Dad (deceased now) tested y Haplogroup B and does not have 1 single match on FTDNA! I know this is a rare Haplogroup, but still, not one match...interesting. He tested 7 years ago with FTDNA.

Any insight?

Comment

Working...
                              X