New ISOGG J1 Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ISOGG J1 Tree

The J1 tree was updated on Feb 20, 2010: http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpJ.html Of particular importance is the renaming of J1e and its new subclades, thanks to the Walk through the Y discovery of new SNPs.

Also see the J-L147 project results: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...ction=yresults . To date, nearly all L222+ have DYS388 = 17+ and traditional Arabic names, while L222- members are a mix of traditional Arabic, Jewish, and non-Jewish European names; DYS388 ranges from 15 - 18, although most of the Arabic names are associated with 17+.
    Last edited by vinnie; 21 February 2010, 01:41 PM.

Hi again Vinnie.

I just got the results of my Deep Clade test back and it confirms that I am of J1e [P58+] ancestry.

Can you please explain what it means that the J1e Haplogroup has been redefined, and what does the change mean for me?

And why is the J1e* being displayed with an asterisk?

Please forgive all the questions, but you're light-years ahead of me on this.

Thanks, Chap

Comment

Originally posted by Chap View Post
      Hi again Vinnie.

I just got the results of my Deep Clade test back and it confirms that I am of J1e [P58+] ancestry.

Can you please explain what it means that the J1e Haplogroup has been redefined, and what does the change mean for me?

And why is the J1e* being displayed with an asterisk?

Please forgive all the questions, but you're light-years ahead of me on this.

Thanks, Chap
      Chap, the asterisk means that based on the deep clade results so far, you tested positive for P58, but any SNPs downstream (further down from that) either tested negative, or you didn't have them tested so it's unknown if you can be classified any further. Did you get results for L147 and L222? Probably not, since you're still in the general J1e "probably L147+" project subgroup, which is presumably based on your haplotype. You won't know for sure, especially for L222, unless you get those tested. It's up to you how far you want to pursue this and how much you want to spend. But we (J1e's) have been waiting a long time for SNPs that could better define the subclades, and now we've got a few - which is why the J1 tree has been redefined - to reflect the new information we have from these newly discovered SNPs. As soon as the project administrator changes the designations within the J project, you'll know longer be J1e*, but J1c3*.

Vinnie
      Last edited by vinnie; 28 February 2010, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene2005
        Hi Vinnie,

It`s wonderful news and i very happy for you plus all the J1e`s.
        Thank you! We've been waiting a long time, and hopefully there are more SNPs to come.

Comment

Working...
        X