Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolyn1955
    replied
    I purchased Family Tree Maker 2009 and chose not to upgrade to 2010. What I have works just fine. I don't believe it is really all that important to upgrade the software. Whatever version you end up with does not need upgrades unless you choose it because they only add maps, etc. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by montanapets View Post
    Thank you. If I'm buying for the first time which I was going to do today, if there's more than one version still out there and there may not be, which did you like?

Leave a comment:

• montanapets
    replied
    Thank you. If I'm buying for the first time which I was going to do today, if there's more than one version still out there and there may not be, which did you like?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    Originally posted by montanapets View Post
    I saw on the poll that the majority favored Family Tree Maker. I googled it and so many are listed. Is it the one on MyHeritage.com or is it something else?
    Family Tree Maker comes from Ancestry.com. They charge way too much for their upgrades which occur far too often.

I have Family Tree Maker 16 which came out about 2005-2006. I stopped upgrading at that point because I think the newer versions suck.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied
    The only problem with Family Tree Maker is that they don't offer a MAC version.

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied
    I have Family Tree Maker 2009 and it works with my account at Ancestry.com so I can work on my family tree and have the files saved in my pc instead of their website. The software also allows you to put your tree in .pdf format and you can add pages, etc. You can actually write a book in that software and it includes all of your tree, photos, citations, etc. I guess you can tell I am a true fan of this software! Hope this answers your question...

Leave a comment:

• montanapets
    started a topic Software

Software

I saw on the poll that the majority favored Family Tree Maker. I googled it and so many are listed. Is it the one on MyHeritage.com or is it something else?
Working...
X