Central Asian panel results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TW81a View Post
    I just got my "central Asian" results back from DNA Tribes and the results were interesting I thought. My top 3 results were....

Tatar-Mishary (Russian Federation) (0.6) 29.01
    Bashkir (Russian Federation) (0.37) 10.34
    Kirgiz (Xinjiang, Chinese Turkestan) (0.19) 9.00

Has anyone gotten a substantial amount of Chinese to show up on their central Asian panel? If so, how much? I'm simply curious to see if this value is significant. Any comments?

Hi,

I recently posted in your new Lumbee scores thread.
    I think it's good to look at and compare Central Asian scores with Native American/Mestizo scores, to help determine where an AncestryByDna autosomal Native American result is coming from. Is it Central Asian, or is it Amerindian?

My old scores were:
    Tatar-Mishary (Russian Federation) (0.13) 0.95
    Bashkir (Russian Federation) (0.01) 0.03
    Kirgiz (Xinjiang, Chinese Turkestan) (0) 0.03

My newest updated report, from February 2010, has different scores than last time for these three.
    Tatar-Mishary (Russian Federation) (0.34) 6.57
    Bashkir (Russian Federation) (0.06) 0.17
    Kirgiz (Xinjiang, Chinese Turkestan) (0.01) 0.12
    Last edited by rainbow; 11 March 2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
      Hi,

I recently posted in your new Lumbee scores thread.
      I think it's good to look at and compare Central Asian scores with Native American/Mestizo scores, to help determine where an AncestryByDna autosomal Native American result is coming from. Is it Central Asian, or is it Amerindian?

My old scores were:
      Tatar-Mishary (Russian Federation) (0.13) 0.95
      Bashkir (Russian Federation) (0.01) 0.03
      Kirgiz (Xinjiang, Chinese Turkestan) (0) 0.03

My newest updated report, from February 2010, has different scores than last time for these three.
      Tatar-Mishary (Russian Federation) (0.34) 6.57
      Bashkir (Russian Federation) (0.06) 0.17
      Kirgiz (Xinjiang, Chinese Turkestan) (0.01) 0.12
      Thank you very much for the information Rainbow. I just absolutely love this stuff! I plan on testing with 23 and me to try to get an "Asian percentage" for my mother. We can be almost 100% certain that any Asian that would show up in that test would be in the form of American Indian given the the location of my mother's ancestral roots (Southeast North Carolina). Strangely enough, thats the part of North Carolina in which the Lumbee tribe is located.

By the way... my goodness your scores jumped a bit!

Comment

Hi,
        I think that Amerindian admixture ancestry is best shown in Latin American matches in part C and the extended report.

Comment

Working...
        X