No results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No results?

Hi to all who will read of how despondent I feel after receiving results of DNA testing - 37 and 67 markers returned as 'no matches'. Without any match from these markers to lower marker results received where does one turn? Do I work on from where my ancestors originated and possibly migrated? And of course, to make it seem worse, my surname is not even cropping up at all in the results already to hand. Nearly 30 years in the search for my father's family and I'm again feeling I will not succeed - my father is 83 years old and I don't have time on my side.
    Thanks for 'listening'.

Regards
    Jill Martin

Did you upload your father's results into Ysearch?

Comment

Uplodading results into Ysearch

Hi gtc

I joined Ysearch, but see that, yes, I do have to upload the results myself. I know nothing about GEDCOM files - can one download the program? I need to study the site closely to see what I must do. I certainly know I do not have any GEDCOM files saved to my hard drive.

Thanks for the prompt - another avenue I cannot let slip by.

Regards

Jill Martin

Comment

A GEDCOM file is for family tree information, not Y-DNA. GEDCOM files are generated by the various software packages that maintain family tree information. That is optional information in Ysearch.

To use the Y-DNA automatic upload facility do the following:

Log on to FTDNA.

This will take you to your personal page. Once there, select the Y-DNA matches from the left menu. Then, immediately above the heading Matches In The Entire Database is the link titled "Click here to upload to Ysearch.org."

Click on that and follow the instructions.

Comment

Jill,

After you have finished searching Ysearch, post again and I will tell you how to search in two more places (SMGF and DNAReunion).

Regards,
          Jim

Comment

Ancestry.com has a DNA database as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Honeychuck View Post
              Jill,

After you have finished searching Ysearch, post again and I will tell you how to search in two more places (SMGF and DNAReunion).

Regards,
              Jim
              Jim, thanks for the reference to DNAReunion, as I did not know of this website before. I registered, but I couldn't figure out how to send my FTDNA results as a pdf "snapshot". Can you help?

Vinnie

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
                Jim, thanks for the reference to DNAReunion, as I did not know of this website before. I registered, but I couldn't figure out how to send my FTDNA results as a pdf "snapshot". Can you help?

Vinnie
                Sorry, Vinnie, but I can't even access my own data to edit there, much less remember what the original instructions were. Maybe someone else can help.

Regrets,
                Jim

Comment

Thanks for the responses to my results. Fortunately, I have a cousin who has alread had DNA testing and results and offered to look at mine to interpret - I won't say no!! I shall certainly be interested in the other sites mentioned, SMGF and DNAReunion, by Jim - thank you. Also people mention providing one's family tree as far back as it goes - well, here's mine: Edward George Martin, son of George Edward Martin. Yep, that's it!! Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X