Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matches and Haplogroup changes but FGS results not in yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matches and Haplogroup changes but FGS results not in yet?

    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could explain why my information is changing that I had for the results from my mtDNAPlus test, but my results are not in for my FGS? Is it because of results from others who have taken tests that may match me? My FGS results are due about Nov. 7 for kit # 327. Thanks

  • #2
    FTDNA mailed out a newsletter yesterday that discussed the mtDNA database updates. Are you not subscribed to the newsletter? There's a check box to sign up for the newsletter on the Contact Information page of your account. Or, you can register here:

    http://www.familytreedna.com/facts-a...-register.aspx

    Usually the newsletters are posted to the web too, but it looks like the newest one isn't up yet:

    http://www.familytreedna.com/news-letter.aspx

    Elise
    Last edited by efgen; 27 October 2009, 03:28 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the links, I thought I was on the mailing list but I guess not! This is exciting. I will be sure I am on the mailing list from now on so I can keep better informed. Have a great day!
      Carolyn


      Originally posted by efgen View Post
      FTDNA mailed out a newsletter yesterday that discussed the mtDNA database updates. Are you not subscribed to the newsletter? There's a check box to sign up for the newsletter on the Contact Information page of your account. Or, you can register here:

      http://www.familytreedna.com/facts-a...-register.aspx

      Usually the newsletters are posted to the web too, but it looks like the newest one isn't up yet:

      http://www.familytreedna.com/news-letter.aspx

      Elise

      Comment


      • #4
        I haven't gotten around to reading the newsletter yet, but I noticed just now on the U5 Project listing that the haplogroup "U5b3" is now recognized by FTDNA. There are four listed there. My own subclade of U5b2 (11653G) seems somewhat close to U5b3, what with the 228A.

        Comment


        • #5
          Same here. I found 4 new matches and my haplo was changed from U* to just U. Of course, I'm sure this will change again once my FGS is complete. A few changes but for the better I am sure.


          Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
          I haven't gotten around to reading the newsletter yet, but I noticed just now on the U5 Project listing that the haplogroup "U5b3" is now recognized by FTDNA. There are four listed there. My own subclade of U5b2 (11653G) seems somewhat close to U5b3, what with the 228A.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Carolyn1955 View Post
            Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could explain why my information is changing that I had for the results from my mtDNAPlus test, but my results are not in for my FGS? Is it because of results from others who have taken tests that may match me? My FGS results are due about Nov. 7 for kit # 327. Thanks
            Hi Carolyn and all,

            I plan on sending out a Bulk Mail message to the U8 (and K) Project members later today. I'm waiting until FTDNA resolves some minor issues from the rollout of the many mtDNA changes made yesterday.

            For example, although most in U* were changed to just U, there were still a couple of U* in the U8 Project. I just looked again; they are now all just U.

            FTDNA is working to restore the Most Distant Ancestor column to project mtDNA charts. And there were other small glitches, some already fixed.

            When you get your FGS results, you will probably be in U8a1. (Turns there there is only one plain U8a in the world so far.) And yes, your matches will probably change again after that.

            Bill Hurst

            Comment

            Working...
            X