Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch "The Human Family Tree" on National Geographic Channel

From the FTDNA Newsletter ...

Watch The Human Family Tree on National Geographic Channel Sunday, August 30th 9 pm et/pt

On a single day on a single street, with the DNA of just a couple of hundred random people, National Geographic Channel sets out to trace the ancestral footsteps of all humanity. Narrated by Kevin Bacon, The Human Family Tree travels to one of the most diverse corners of the world -- Queens, N.Y. -- to demonstrate how we all share common ancestors who embarked on very different journeys. Regardless of race, nationality or religion, all of us can trace our ancient origin back to the cradle of humanity, East Africa. What did our collective journey look like, and where did it take your specific ancestors? At what point in our past did we first cross paths with the supposed strangers living in our neighborhood? Now, in The Human Family Tree, the people of this quintessential American melting pot find out that their connections go much deeper than a common ZIP code.

Watch the trailer:

Originally posted by gtc View Post
    From the FTDNA Newsletter ...

Watch The Human Family Tree on National Geographic Channel Sunday, August 30th 9 pm et/pt

On a single day on a single street, with the DNA of just a couple of hundred random people, National Geographic Channel sets out to trace the ancestral footsteps of all humanity. Narrated by Kevin Bacon, The Human Family Tree travels to one of the most diverse corners of the world -- Queens, N.Y. -- to demonstrate how we all share common ancestors who embarked on very different journeys. Regardless of race, nationality or religion, all of us can trace our ancient origin back to the cradle of humanity, East Africa. What did our collective journey look like, and where did it take your specific ancestors? At what point in our past did we first cross paths with the supposed strangers living in our neighborhood? Now, in The Human Family Tree, the people of this quintessential American melting pot find out that their connections go much deeper than a common ZIP code.

Watch the trailer:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/07001_00

I would like to see that, but I don't get the National Geographic Channel. When will it air on PBS?

Comment

You can do a Google search for Quick SilverScreen and there are often the full programs on it's pages. You can search by title or topic.

Comment

You can pre-order the DVD from the National Geographic website.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

This program will, in a sense, be preaching to the converted among the membership of this forum, so folks you ought to spread the word to the unconverted to watch and learn.

Hopefully it will generate some DNA testing activity from a wider audience.

Comment

Bump: it's on tonight, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
              Bump: it's on tonight, folks.
              What calendar are you using? Mine says that today is Aug 28, while the post says the show is Aug 30

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                What calendar are you using? Mine says that today is Aug 28, while the post says the show is Aug 30
                Oooops, thanks, meant to say THIS WEEKEND folks.

Comment

I have seen this advertised. Is this a new program? Didn't they have a program exactly like this before? I'll watch nonetheless.

Comment

I kept seeing this advertised only to learn I don't get that channel. How lame, advertising a channel I don't get. Which is weird because I have Time Warner and I got it at the last place I lived, just a few hours away. I caught snippets on the Nat Geo website.

Comment

Working...
                    X