I Checked the graph provided and i could find 16129A

GOD NEW STUFF TO LEARN

ok until i upgrade what does this tell me
    anything?

Haplogroup H HVR1 Mutations 16129A

is one mutation significant

Comment

hi,
      which graph are you talking about? I just "finally" recieved my results, and the only info I got was that I was in group H. Was there a graph supposed to be included on my results page?
      thanks

Comment

>apriljb1

I was right about you being H. But in Loogvali paper the sequences similar to yours were not clustered with any resolved subgroup so you may be H*.

Comment

hi,
          yes, thanks you were correct. I'm just more curious now however, since all I know now is the "H". I have no exact matches anywhere in the database that FTDNA lists, and absolutely no-one else listed under any of the related groups. Where do I go from here ? What is the H *? you mention? Could it be that my sub branch hasn't been found yet under the H?

a

Comment

do you happen to have the link to the paper you mention? thanks..

Comment

hi apriljb1!

the paper mentioned is

http://evolutsioon.ut.ee/publications/Loogvali2004.pdf

with the supplement at http://evolutsioon.ut.ee/publication...plementary.pdf

Unfortunately, the sequences closest to yours are still unpublished. Without going into details of unpublished data, I can say they have 129-148-256 (as you) plus something else.

regards
              Valery

Comment

>What is the H *?

Assume that "blabla" is a haplogroup token. This clade can have resolved subclades blabla1, blabla2,.. blablaN and some sequences belong to blabla but don't fall into blabla1-blablaN. Such are called "undifferentiated" and marked "blabla*".

Comment

2 Jim Denning

>ok until i upgrade what does this tell me
                  anything?

almost nothing.

First of all, how did they determine at FT that you belong to H? Did they check you with 7025AluI? HVS1 129 may indicate HV*, U*, F,R* and M* but the most frequent haplogroup in the database is H which makes up about 85% of 16129 sequences.

Comment

they said they were doing the RFLP test-i only ordered the HVR1 test. But they didnt give me any further details, I just checked my home page and it said group H. So I may contact them to see how exactly they determined that.

Comment

mtDNA haplogroup "H"

Haplogroup "H" is determined by mtDNA coding region mutations at 2706 and 7028. On your mtDNA results page click on "see link". This should help to explain what you are asking.
                      Don Potter

Comment

thanks,i had checked out that link, it's still confusing however, as I don't see my mutations listed

Comment

Originally posted by apriljb1
                          thanks,i had checked out that link, it's still confusing however, as I don't see my mutations listed
                          Hi April,

Did you find out from FTDNA how they determined you are H ?

Comment

Re Haplogroup " H "

Hi April ; I am Haplogroup '' H '' , but , I ve also had my HVR2 , & the sub-clade test , which will start to give you more relevant matches. " H " , is a very large group ! Now , Im designated " H1 * ( sub-clade ) & have a very small # of matches , but it narrows down the real story. I d suggest ,at the very least have the HVR2 testing done . KAT.

Comment

hi, I haven't found out yet, but emailed them about it, to determine exactly how they got my results.

Comment

Working...
                              X