Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Programme on Celts

Hello All,
    At 7pm tonight (UK time) on BBC2 there is a programme 'How the Celts Saved Britain'. It apparently concentrates on these Isle between 400-800 AD, & the Celts influence.
    Cheers
    Bob

Originally posted by bob armstrong View Post
    Hello All,
    At 7pm tonight (UK time) on BBC2 there is a programme 'How the Celts Saved Britain'. It apparently concentrates on these Isle between 400-800 AD, & the Celts influence.
    Cheers
    Bob
    Sounds good Bob, look foraward to seeing it down under one day.
    Can you give a brief overview once you have seen the show.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
      I watched it again. It covers pretty much the same story as http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Irish-Sa...7260340&sr=1-1

Regards,
      Jim

Comment

Hello All,
        Cheers
        Bob
        Well, I just get basic TV, so I'll miss out. But I just ordered a couple of (old) related books from Amazon.com: (Spencer Wells') Journey of Man... & Tribes of Britain. So they ought to keep me occupied when they get here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Honeychuck View Post
          I watched it again. It covers pretty much the same story as http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Irish-Sa...7260340&sr=1-1

Regards,
          Jim
          Hmmm, the reviews of the book arent great. If it comes on TV I'll have a look.

Comment

Hmmm, the reviews of the book arent great. If it comes on TV I'll have a look.
            The TV show was not that brilliant either. It's basically a review of history. What the Celts are supposed to have saved Britain from was not clear to me.

Regards,
            Jim

Comment

Not brilliant, but flashes of great scenery, Rivergirl. We have a new series of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' starting on BBC 1, 7pm Wednesday. I think the prog should Y-DNA test participants to spice it up a bit. Imagine the great PR for FTDNA if they offered free testing for these 'celebrities' ?
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Not brilliant, but flashes of great scenery, Rivergirl. We have a new series of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' starting on BBC 1, 7pm Wednesday. I think the prog should Y-DNA test participants to spice it up a bit. Imagine the great PR for FTDNA if they offered free testing for these 'celebrities' ?
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Worth watching just for the scenery. Thats one reason I like to watch the Tour de France
                We were getting re runs of the old WDYTYA series, Nigella Lawson was on last week. Of course it wasn't on this weekend as the cricket was on. I wont talk about that....

Comment

Kim Cattrell (of Sex & the City fame) is first up on Webdesday's show, Rivergirl. It seems she's of Liverpool roots.
                  Cheers
                  Bob
                  PS I have no fingernails left after the final day in Cardiff. A shame about the time-wasting at the end. Not the way I was taught to play sport!

Comment

Kim Cattrell (of Sex & the City fame) is first up on Webdesday's show, Rivergirl. It seems she's of Liverpool roots.
                    Cheers
                    Bob
                    PS I have no fingernails left after the final day in Cardiff. A shame about the time-wasting at the end. Not the way I was taught to play sport!
                    Here in Cardiff, all concerned definitely want to do that again, with lots and lots of Aussie visitors. Maybe some will stay on to see where their Welsh ancestors were from.

The next series of Who Do You Think You Are has no Jewish cases for a change. One Irish, one French, and the rest should be a good exploration of English cases.

Regards,
                    Jim
                    American in Cardiff

Comment

Working...
                    X