R1b1b2a+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1b1b2a+

I did the ftdna 37 ydna test a few years ago, it predicted haplogroup R1b (at the time) and I never had any close match. Although the database (either ftdna's or ysearch) have grown since then, there are still no real close matches (the best right now is 1x 12/12 and 2x11/12 and nothing close for more markers) - something that I consider as a positive sign because it means I need to search among the more underrepresented regions in the ftdna/ysearch database.

Since the deep-clade tests for R** have progressed so much I thus decided to order the deep-clade test. When the first results were due it said I should wait because more tests were needed to properly identify my subclade. I am waiting for the results of batch 305 was due 6/26, but final results still not in. I can see that some results are in though, I am certainly positive for R1b1b2a, but not yet confirmed anything below this level. Many negatives 3 and 4 levels further down. Waiting for P310/311, and beyond that P312 or U106, below this there are nine different markers, 6 already tested negative.

I wondering how long it might take before the final testresults for batch 305 are in? Obviously I am quite curious after the results. But aside of that I am wondering how big a percent of the general population that is at least R1b1b2 is R1b1b2a vs R1b1b2a+++, i.e., is it more rare to be a subclade of R1b1b2a or not. Personally I would think so, but I am not sure about the numbers. It would have been really really useful if ftdna listed on the haplogroup/tree page (the detailed one with the subclades) how much percent of the population of the one level above would be in subsequent subclade. Even if the numbers are only approximate it would still be useful, I would also like to know (they don't list this either) how many people they have in their database that tested + for a certain subclade. It's usefull to know if they have 1 person or 100's, or maybe 1000's.

Anyone any thoughts?
    LC : WD5Q9

Originally posted by lc0 View Post
    I did the ftdna 37 ydna test a few years ago, it predicted haplogroup R1b (at the time) and I never had any close match. Although the database (either ftdna's or ysearch) have grown since then, there are still no real close matches (the best right now is 1x 12/12 and 2x11/12 and nothing close for more markers) - something that I consider as a positive sign because it means I need to search among the more underrepresented regions in the ftdna/ysearch database.

Since the deep-clade tests for R** have progressed so much I thus decided to order the deep-clade test. When the first results were due it said I should wait because more tests were needed to properly identify my subclade. I am waiting for the results of batch 305 was due 6/26, but final results still not in. I can see that some results are in though, I am certainly positive for R1b1b2a, but not yet confirmed anything below this level. Many negatives 3 and 4 levels further down. Waiting for P310/311, and beyond that P312 or U106, below this there are nine different markers, 6 already tested negative.

I wondering how long it might take before the final testresults for batch 305 are in? Obviously I am quite curious after the results. But aside of that I am wondering how big a percent of the general population that is at least R1b1b2 is R1b1b2a vs R1b1b2a+++, i.e., is it more rare to be a subclade of R1b1b2a or not. Personally I would think so, but I am not sure about the numbers. It would have been really really useful if ftdna listed on the haplogroup/tree page (the detailed one with the subclades) how much percent of the population of the one level above would be in subsequent subclade. Even if the numbers are only approximate it would still be useful, I would also like to know (they don't list this either) how many people they have in their database that tested + for a certain subclade. It's usefull to know if they have 1 person or 100's, or maybe 1000's.

Anyone any thoughts?
    Would you mind copying and pasting the SNP results from the bottom of your Haplotree page here? That would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by lc0 View Post

I wondering how long it might take before the final testresults for batch 305 are in?
      The deep-clade tests are done in a trial and error manner. Of the possible SNP's they test for the most popular first and work down the possible SNP selection as the results come back negative. From our point of view it would be nice if they tested for all of the SNP's at once. From their point of view that could be a lot of unnecessary testing.

The more negative results they get the longer it will take to find your results.

Comment

re: R1b1b2a+

The deep-clade tests are done in a trial and error manner. Of the possible SNP's they test for the most popular first and work down the possible SNP selection as the results come back negative. From our point of view it would be nice if they tested for all of the SNP's at once. From their point of view that could be a lot of unnecessary testing.
        What I read in the FAQ somewhere (but not sure if this applies to STR tests only or also SNP) is that the results _should_ really be in by the projected date +/- a few days. If delayded by more than a week it means they have problems with the sample and they need to shift to another sample for the remaining tests. Hmmmm. A confirmation of that would be nice.

Would you mind copying and pasting the SNP results from the bottom of your Haplotree page here? That would be helpful.
        I did not think about it so quickly. But you are right. This is the recent results, these were updated some 2-3 weeks ago about the time batch 305 was due:

Tested positive: L23+ L49+ => R1b1b2a and deeper
        Remaining to be tested:
        * P310, P311 (=> R1b1b2a1 and deeper)
        * U106, P312 (=> R1b1b2a1a or b and deeper)
        * U198, SRY2627, U152
        Tested negative: P107, L1, L48, M65, M153, M126, M160, L2, L4, L21

There is still a reasonable chance (I would think) that some of the to be tested SNP's ends up positive. Which is what I hope for.

I asked specifically about the distribution of SNP's among the population. For STR tests where comprehensive data is available via for example ysearch for anyones analysis nothing like that seems available for SNP's. Some people's "SNP confirmed" haplogroup is outdated as it was done at a time some of the newer SNP's weren't discovered yet. I am not sure how accurate 37 or 67 STR tests are in predicting the subclade, or some of the subclades (thinking mostly about subplades of R1b). I am seriously lacking post or other reference material on this. Anyone a suggestion?

Comment

Results have come in

Although it suddenly now says that final results (for batch 305, my part) will be ready by 7/24 a bunch of new positive results have come in essentially giving the final result (all possible further downstream SNP's now tested negative):

P311+, P312+, U106-, U198- (expected if U106-), U152-, SRY2627-

Since all SNP's below P312 are now tested negative it means that my final Haplogroup (barring any new SNP's & haplogroups yet to be discovered) is R1b1b2a1b aka R-P312. I just joined the R-P312 ftdna group, and to hope to find out more about it eg x-matching haplogroup with haplotype.

As it is also my b-day today I could not be more happy (almost) than with this gift :-)

~lc0
          Last edited by lc0; 8 July 2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Ic0,

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Awesome arrival of results

Happy belated birthday!

So with being P312+ does that mean R-P312*?

Good luck in your searches,
              spruithean

Comment

>> So with being P312+ does that mean R-P312

As for the R1 haplogroup the subclades get longer and longer "cryptic" names with many a's, b's and digits in between, it seems to have become popular to list the main haploygroup followed by the last mutated SNP in line, in this case P312. It also means that all SNP's upstream of P312 are positive, but we don't write this. This is the same as R1b1b2a1b. If there were any SNP's downstream of P312 that were also positive (not in my case) then of course two equivalent notations for Halplogroup would change.

Comment

Working...
                X