X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel72
    replied
    Originally posted by RussellL View Post
    Many thanks for your reply and the link. On this first round of results, I have only a couple of exact matches in England, and to three others with my surname in America. That's it. On the next level out (2-step mutations), I have very few matches either, with single matches in Scotland, the United Kingdom, England, Germany, Iceland, Kazahkstan and Poland.
    I suppose I thought there might be more matches in the first results, but I think it's a somewhat rare haplogroup in the British Isles, where my ancestors came from.
    You might try to make a YSearch account.

One can also pretty nice toy around with http://www.yhrd.org too.

I checked where in Europe a DYS393=15 is most common.

Its England, Gotland (Swedish island), Blekinge (southern coast of Sweden) and the north of Austria.

Leave a comment:

• RussellL
    replied
    Many thanks for your reply and the link. On this first round of results, I have only a couple of exact matches in England, and to three others with my surname in America. That's it. On the next level out (2-step mutations), I have very few matches either, with single matches in Scotland, the United Kingdom, England, Germany, Iceland, Kazahkstan and Poland.
    I suppose I thought there might be more matches in the first results, but I think it's a somewhat rare haplogroup in the British Isles, where my ancestors came from.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel72
    replied
    A 15 is pretty rare.

http://www.yhrd.org/Research/Loci/DY...p&locus=dys393

Leave a comment:

• RussellL
    started a topic R1a1 Haplogroup Question

R1a1 Haplogroup Question

Just having received my first panel of 12 results, I was wondering if others here who are R1a1 have received a 15 in the 393 allele? (And I'm a newbie, so please excuse if I've posted this in the wrong place, or have my terminology slightly confused.)
Working...
X