• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Stevo
    R1b-FGC36981

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel72 View Post
    I would estaminate, if 30% of them had this haplogroup, this would already be enough to create this effect.
    It does not need to be "mostly" (>80% or so)
    Well, theoretically, all you would really need is one.

But the chances of y-haplogroup success increase with numbers, so I think it likely the Celts were mostly, although not exclusively, R1b1b2 of various kinds.

By the way, I wouldn't define "mostly" as needing to be in excess of 80%. If by "mostly" one means "more than any other haplogroup", then all that is required is a plurality. If, on the other hand, by "mostly" one means a majority, then 51% would be all that is required.
    Stevo
    R1b-FGC36981
    Last edited by Stevo; 19 June 2009, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel72

• Daniel72
    replied
    that the old distribution of Celtic-speaking people and the distribution of M269+ coincide or overlap to a very great extent.
    I would estaminate, if 30% of them had this haplogroup, this would already be enough to create this effect.
    It does not need to be "mostly" (>80% or so)

Example is R1a.
    ONly 1/3 of the Norse Vikings had R1a. Still you can find it at any place where Norse vikings had been.
    The presence of R1a makes even the most notable difference compared to settlements of Danish vikings.
    Daniel72
    Last edited by Daniel72; 18 June 2009, 09:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    R1b-FGC36981

• Stevo
    replied
    While I agree that the Celts were not exclusively M269+, I would say that it is true that the old distribution of Celtic-speaking people and the distribution of M269+ coincide or overlap to a very great extent. That is especially true of P312+ (R1b1b2a1b) and its subclades, particularly L21 and U152. Thus, in my opinion, the ancient Celts were probably mostly R1b1b2 (M269+) of various kinds, especially P312+.

That's just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• spruithean
    FTDNA Customer

• spruithean
    replied
    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    Is M269 the founding father of all Celts?Where did he originate?
    I don't think all Celts are R1b1b2. Celts could be anything from R1b, I2b, I2a, etc. maybe even I1.

Not sure where R-M269 originated. Try looking on wikipedia or something. It probably originated in the Near East, or at least came from there like most European Haplogroups.

Leave a comment:

started a topic M269

M269

Is M269 the founding father of all Celts?Where did he originate?
Working...
X