Exact 25 Match - Different Surname?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by botoole60611 View Post
    I've got 5 exact 25 marker matches with different surnames, but since they are not withing my exact Haplogroup (R1b1b2a1b4) the matching means exactly nothing.

Heck, I've got 67 matches with a genetic distance of 3, 4, 6 and 7, and their Haplogroup is not the same, so we're not related either.

Unfortunately FTDNA is not real good about explaining any of this. And it took a lot of stupid questions to finally figure it out. I'm dense on this stuff.

Then again, their 'My Matches' in the haplotree area is useless becaue it only lists 12 marker matches and the Ancestral Origins gives matches (12, 25, 37, 67 - depending on your preferences), but no Haplogroups.
    I'm curious how you are so certain that they are not in your exact Haplogroup?

Could it be something as simple as the "match" has not taken a deep Clade R and therefore don't "know" their U152 +/- status?

Comment

Originally posted by rucksack View Post
      I'm curious how you are so certain that they are not in your exact Haplogroup?

Could it be something as simple as the "match" has not taken a deep Clade R and therefore don't "know" their U152 +/- status?
      I've checked out two FTDNA projects (of which I'm in one) where the GD's with rspect to my markers range from 6 thru 19. The participants in these projects appear to be closely related to each other and are R1b1b2, R1b1b2a and R1b1b2a1b5. I figure if they all end up with the deep clade tests they will all show up R1b1b2a1b5, which is not my haplogroup.

The closest GD's I've found through ysearch in my haplogroup are 19 and higher.

FTDNA has aleady told me that in the R's a person could have a close GD and not be in the same haplogroup. For me that's frustrating, but this DNA stuff is still new to me and I've learned quite a bit about haplogroups and markers.

Comment

Working...
      X