Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by East-Iberian View Post
    @ Arch
    If you want to know your tribe just write to iGenea. Dont know how much it is when you already got your markers tested, just ask.
    I find it interesting how this company can do this. FTDNA should be able to do the same thing. Attaching Haplogroups to ancient cultures, is flawed.... mainly because we have absolutely no clue. As yDNA doesn't last as long in decomposing/decomposed bodies. So they usually just test mtDNA.

Originally posted by Arch
    I'm really aching for Dr. Spencer Wells to find some more old mummified signifcant leaders of certain tribes and then extract the genetic material from their molars, etc. It would be interesting to obtain the DNA from Hannibal, Augustus Caesar, Theodoric the Great, Charlemagne, King Alfred the Great, etc. provided they weren't cremated or picked apart by vultures and wolves.
    Yepp definitely waiting for that.

Comment

yeah.
      I also want more Y-DNAs from ancient mummies.

Best I found so far was a family grave in Germany. 4700 years old.
      Mostly "I" and "R1a1" in the grave field around it. No single R1b.

A comparation of the R1a1 with YHRD database resulted in, that "neighbouring haplotypes" are today found in Poland.

the funny thing was, that guy was a R1a1, K combination. As is me.
      But a different kind of K.

EDIT:
      As far as I know, its assumed that specially mtDNA has changed dramatically since the neolithic times.
      H (45% today) apears strangely rare in ancient mummies while there is far too much K (6% today).
      Maybe there are just not enough mummies tested yet.
      Last edited by Daniel72; 22 June 2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by East-Iberian View Post
        @ Arch
        If you want to know your tribe just write to iGenea. Dont know how much it is when you already got your markers tested, just ask.

Thats what we're all waiting for.
        Hmmm, maybe I should ask. I have over 88 markers tested plus autosomal markers. I'm sure they could deduce what tribe I belong to. I just know if it will be something lame as labeling me as Western European etc. That would be like telling me my future with inevitable things that happen anyway, except going backwards. Very broad, generalized and useless info.

I feel that I am onto something with my portion of SRY2627 as frustrating this can be when everybody seems to be spread out all over Europe. The University and Commercial Lab studies have been researching this subclade for quite some time now. I am really shocked that no subgrouping has been found within this subclade given as how much research has been done on it.

I think I can answer to at least my portion due to my autosomal information bearing some interesting facts in conjuction with my subclade designation. Looking at the data from the last big study done with Pyrenean populations, the numbers are as expected remarkably high in Catalonia region. With the surrounding region such as the Baleares and Valencia the numbers seem just a bit higher than Basque Country which in old studies it revealed 11%.

The newer studies showed a lesser percentage, but remarkably this study did point out the Tunisian frequency in its chart. It was very slight. Looking at a region that could connect SRY2627 to Tunisia would undoubtedly be eastern Iberia and the Balearic Islands. The interesting fact Carthaginians used both the Balearic Slingers from Mallorca and Celtiberian mercenaries helps out too.
        So I don't know exactly if SRY2627 should be called Celtiberi, or Celtiberian.

Celtiberian would seem more appropriate as the Celtiberians could very well be indigenous Iberians adopting a Celtic culture. Whereas Celtiberi could be Celts. The other interesting tidbits of information from Toulouse to Barcelona and the connections to Sicily and Mallorca would almost create a definite sort of conclusion that my tribe should be Celtiberian or Iberian.

The data did not seem to point to a large number in Gascony itself. However, it reflected 48% of those tested in the Val D'Aran from small towns belonged to SRY2627. I could only conclude a north/south origin and was having a very tough time figuring out the differences between Toulouse and Llieda. The old Iberian tribe of the Ilergetes were on friendly terms with Carthage and would have passed by way of the Baleares to Tunisia via trade-exchange networks.

The tough part is to decipher if it was a later event in time such as Germanic tribes as the Vandals and Visigoths, or people such as the Normans, Knights Templars, or Catalan expansion or merchants that brought SRY2627 to North Africa around Tunisia. Of course another monkey wrench are the French in an area strongly influenced by the French where SRY2627 could be found in the Pyrenean regions of both Iberia and modern day France.

Arch

Comment

I can list you the "primitive tribes" they claim to be able to tell apart:
          (translated by me, so the order may be out of the line...)

1. Aborigines
          2. Aryan
          3. Egyptian
          4. Ashkenazi Jew
          5. Arabs
          6. Balts
          7. Bantu
          8. Baske
          9. Berber
          10. Chinese
          11. Cohen Jew
          12. Dakian