Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
    No, not 9/12. 10/12.

389-2 in both cases is 16, but for some reason (I forget why) it is reported as the sum of its value and 389-1.

So the only differences in the first 12 markers are at 439 (a very fast mutator) and 389-1.

And yes, that is an excellent illustration of why 12 markers are not enough, but I think anything less than 67 is insufficient, as well.

Since I became a project admin and began running my members' haplotypes in YSearch on a regular basis, I have discovered what I would once have regarded as "close" matches at 37 markers between men who belong to different subclades.

That is also a good reason why ALL R1b1b2s should order the Deep Clade-R test and its upgrades. It's essential to know to what subclade one belongs when evaluating a possible match.
    Interesting to see how complex this situation seems to be. What would you say the likelihood is for those of different subclades to match at 37+ markers? How much more problematic are these sorts of things for those with R1b1b2, as opposed to other haplotypes/haplogroups?

Comment

I wonder if its worth anything to do all these subtests for me.
      I am a R1a (predicted R1a1) and it seems there is relatively few known about R1a in general. Compared to R1b.

I think half of R1a does need electricity before they need a DNA test.

Hmm.
      I have 40 matches at 12/12. Mostly in Poland and Germany and some Americans and Scotts with the surname "Douglas" wich possibly is the result of random mutation. I think R1b guys have sevral hundred?

I ordered an update to 37 so far. Should get the results next week I think. (got my mtDNA updated results yesterday)

Comment

Originally posted by Asturianu View Post
        Interesting to see how complex this situation seems to be. What would you say the likelihood is for those of different subclades to match at 37+ markers? How much more problematic are these sorts of things for those with R1b1b2, as opposed to other haplotypes/haplogroups?
        I have never heard of an exact 37-marker match between two men of different R1b1b2 subclades, but I know of some 33/37 "matches" like that. There may be some even closer.

What it leads me to believe is that R1b1b2 - or maybe R1b1b2a or R1b1b2a1 - expanded very quickly during the Neolithic Period and into the Bronze Age, spinning off its major subclades in pretty rapid succession.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel72 View Post
          I ordered an update to 37 so far. Should get the results next week I think. (got my mtDNA updated results yesterday)
          Let us know what you find out, as far as matches go, friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Asturianu View Post
            Let us know what you find out, as far as matches go, friend.
            I will.

Hm.
            for now I could tell about my HRV1+HRV2 matches.
            Ten. And all in the USA. *sigh*
            And most dont have a papertrail that actually reaches an European country. *deeper sigh*

But there is one, who actually has a papertrail til the 17th century to a women in Hessia, Germany. Its 9 Generations from him. And the guy is the age of my parents (no wait, his grands are in the age of my greatgrands. But thats the same ) So.... its about 10 generations from me.

She also is the last who was both, born and died in Germany. Her doughter, born in Germany, already died in USA.

What do you think? Could that be my 7xGreatgrand mum?

I mean, somewhere I read, if HRV1+2 match and its less then 20 matches. Then its not longer than 7-10 generations. But if its more than 20 matches it might be 10-13 generations.

Well its 10 matches. And 10 generations... is she it?

Comment

Update....
              got the markers til 25 (yet wait for 37)
              Bets I get til now are several at -3 distance on 25.

Comment

Working...
              X