Closest match is actually with Courson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest match is actually with Courson

I don't know how I overlooked this but for some reason after I got ym Armenian match I was under the impression that the Armenian guy was my closest match. In reality though my closest match is with a man who's surname is Courson with a paper trail back to South Carolina in the 1760s. He can't get out of the United States with his paper trail though. Bonnie Schrack did a MRCA calculation for me and him and our common ancestor came out to be around 780 years ago which puts him back into the Middle Ages. The Courson family that I am genetically related to moved from South Carolina to Georgia where they still live today.

The surname Courson may be originally of French origin while my paternal line is Italian from Calabria. I think it would make more sense in him having an ancestor that came up to France or northern Europe from Italy than vice versa as J2 is more common in Italy that in France or northern Europe. He must have been a brother or close cousin of my ancestor also.

Originally posted by J Man View Post
    I don't know how I overlooked this but for some reason after I got ym Armenian match I was under the impression that the Armenian guy was my closest match. In reality though my closest match is with a man who's surname is Courson with a paper trail back to South Carolina in the 1760s. He can't get out of the United States with his paper trail though. Bonnie Schrack did a MRCA calculation for me and him and our common ancestor came out to be around 780 years ago which puts him back into the Middle Ages. The Courson family that I am genetically related to moved from South Carolina to Georgia where they still live today.

The surname Courson may be originally of French origin while my paternal line is Italian from Calabria. I think it would make more sense in him having an ancestor that came up to France or northern Europe from Italy than vice versa as J2 is more common in Italy that in France or northern Europe. He must have been a brother or close cousin of my ancestor also.

A whole lot of Crusaders went through Italy from northern Europe on their way to the Middle East; their ancestors could have easily moved from Italy before that.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
      A whole lot of Crusaders went through Italy from northern Europe on their way to the Middle East; their ancestors could have easily moved from Italy before that.

So you mean that my own ancestor could have come from northern Europe to Italy during the Crusader times as a Crusader? I suppose this could have happened but since J2 is more common in Italy I thought it would be more likely in his ancestor coming from Italy ans settling in France or the British Isles.

We share an ancestor back in the Middle Ages most likely around 1229 A.D. Maybe one of my ancestors had a brother or cousin who was a trader and traded in northern Europe and ended up settling up there even though he was originally from Italy. Anything could have happened though I'd say.

Comment

Working...
      X