37 Marker Y-DNA Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 Marker Y-DNA Results

I have just received my 37 Marker Results. Unfortunately I do not have a match. The closest match I found was on Ysearch and the genetic distance was 4.

Originally posted by aidan View Post
    I have just received my 37 Marker Results. Unfortunately I do not have a match. The closest match I found was on Ysearch and the genetic distance was 4.
    Congrats....lucky you!!! That's not so far off. I am in a different stratosphere compared to anyone in the database. At 67 markers my closest match is 24! The average genetic distance for me is above 30!

Four? Good job. Same surname or geographic location?

Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, there are many highly qualified people lurking about....

Comment

Aidan,

Do you have your FTDNA account set up to match you against the entire database? Go to User Preferences, and make sure you have that option set (instead of just matching you to members of your projects).

A 33/37 match "should" show up on your Y-DNA Matches page, unless that person has his own account configured to not match him against the full database. Both people have to be set to match against the full database in order to see each other.

Elise

Comment

Hi.

I do not match any Byrne's.

The 33/37 match is a Dalton from England and the 31/37 matches are a Doherty from Donegal, a Clancey from Sligo, a McMillan, a Nelson from Norway, a Kennedy from Virginia and another Clancy from Sligo.

I do have my account set against the entire database, but it still says no matches.
        On my 'Recent Ancestral Origins' it says that I have two matches from England at 37 Markers.

I am currently awaiting my 67 Marker results. I have received my results from Panel 4 (48-60).

Comment

Working...
        X