R1b1b2a1b5 Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1b1b2a1b5 Help!

I am more into genealogy than DNA so I need some help. My last name is Tiedemann and I can trace back to NW Germany till the 1600's. I just got back my results that I am R1b1b2a1b5 which I guess originated in northern Ireland. Does this mean that my distant direct male ancestor somehow migrated from Ireland to NW Germany? Or do you look further back and some small wondering band of R1b1b2a1b5 migrated to Germany while the rest migrated to Ireland?

Originally posted by rgtiedeman View Post
    I am more into genealogy than DNA so I need some help. My last name is Tiedemann and I can trace back to NW Germany till the 1600's. I just got back my results that I am R1b1b2a1b5 which I guess originated in northern Ireland. Does this mean that my distant direct male ancestor somehow migrated from Ireland to NW Germany? Or do you look further back and some small wondering band of R1b1b2a1b5 migrated to Germany while the rest migrated to Ireland?
    Hello, and welcome.

Did you join the project that "Stevo" invited you to?

Here is the forum link for you: http://forums.familytreedna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112

Comment

Originally posted by rgtiedeman View Post
      There is quite a bit of R-L21* showing up in Germany and elsewhere on the Continent. So, no, I don't think you are Irish.

My own view is that L21 originated on the Continent and spread to the British Isles from there sometime during the early Bronze Age.

Comment

Working...
      X