• burto
    replied
    Hi,
    Got the message and have sent a reply!

Leave a comment:

• V.R.R
    replied
    Reply personal mensage

Hi, I am already replicate the message. I hope you received.
    Best regards

Leave a comment:

• burto
    replied
    Hi V.R.R.
    Thanks for sharing your results! I've sent you a personal message!

Leave a comment:

• V.R.R
    replied
    My Decodeme results

Hello!
    I would like to share all my results of: Decodeme
    Here we go:
    Decodeme:
    1) Genetic Atlas (top 3) :

(1) Europe (83.8%): 1) French (84,1%); 2) Tuscan (84,1%) and 3) Basque (84.0%);4) Icelandic (83.9%);5) Orcadian (83.8%) etc ... to 9)
    (2) South East Asia (81.5%): 10) Druze (82,4%); 11) Palestinian (82,4%); 12) Pathan (81,7%);13) Brahui (81,5%); 14) (Bedouin 81,4%) etc... to 25)
    (3) East Asia (76,4%): 26) Mongolia (77.2%); 27) Han North China (76.9%); 28) Cambodia (76.8%); 29) Daur (76.8%) etc...to 40).

2) Ancestral Origins:
    Chromossomes 1 to 22: 85% European; 9% African; 6% East Asian.
    X Chromosome: 80% European; 14% East Asian; 6% African.
    They also show me that I could became bald before age 40

Leave a comment:

• cacio
    replied
    Yes, if you are between two areas, it means that you share similarities with both. The closer you are to either group, the more genetically similar you are.

As for the difference between world map and Europe map, the reason is that they use different data. The principal component analysis method searches for genetic characteristics that distinguish populations. The first principal component represents the set of most important distinguishing characteristics. In the world view, you are looking for the things that distinguish the whole set of data, that is, Africans from Europeans from Asians etc. In the Europe view, you are looking for what distinguishes, say, Russians from Italians from French. And they need not be the same genetic characteristics, in theory - perhaps what distinguishes Russians from Italians is not the same set of genes that distinguishes, say Italians from Africans.

In practice, it looks like there are many similarities between the two views, because different populations seem to have roughly the same relations to each other in both views, and people are roughly in the same spot. But in the Europe view, the differences between European populations are sharper.

cacio

Leave a comment:

• burto
    replied
    Hi Cacio,
    Thanks for asking, I have asked them also, because I still don't see why it should change if your in the Europe region for both. I understand for the Europe region you are magnifying the differences, but surely your doing that if you close in on the Europe region of the world map
    So if you're little man is floating in space in between Western European populations and Russia, you are showing genetic similarites to both groups of people, is that right?

Leave a comment:

• cacio
    replied
    Burto:

I asked decodeme, and yes, you were right, the world view or continent view are not the same. The world view estimates the principal components using all observations, while the European view uses only European observations. As such, the principal components (axes or dimensions) are not the same.

In terms of what it means, I think that the estimates obtained using only European data will magnify the differences between Europeans populations, as the principal components do exactly that. As said, though, zooming in an out, it seem more or less the spacial relations are similar, though not exactly so.

cacio

Leave a comment:

• burto
    replied
    Originally posted by cacio View Post
    I have not received the invitation... send again...

cacio
    Have sent it again

Leave a comment:

• mightygene010
    Guest replied
    decodeme trying to contact you enigma123

Originally posted by Maria_W View Post
    Burto and Cacio,
    I would be willing to share my DeCodeme results with you and anyone who has tested with DeCodeMe... My name is the same: Maria_W. Just invite me!

Maria
    Hello Maria will accept your friendship on deCode me ..have tried to reply to your message but don't seem to be getting anywhere..l am a bit of a novice and usually end up frustrated with my attempts...nice to hear from you Enigma123

Leave a comment:

• cacio
    replied
    I have not received the invitation... send again...

cacio

Leave a comment:

• burto
    replied
    Hi Cacio,
    Yeah I thought that might be the case, that it's the same map but at a different angle, have sent you an invite!

Leave a comment:

• burto
    replied
    Hi Maria,
    If you open the map of kinship, you start by viewing a world map. You are somewhere at the top, in the Europe section.
    Using your mouse, if you zoom in, and left click and hold to move up or down until you find your little man, you will see that he is sat between the France/Iceland/Orkney populations I think. In the box on the right, it says "show" and if you click this, you can see where your friends are on the map of kinship to compare.
    Mum is half way between these populations and Russia/Adygei, which DeCodeMe say suggests her father was of Eastern European ancestry, given her mother was English.

Leave a comment:

• Maria_W
    replied
    Wrong thread!

I am tired thought I had the wrong thread but I din't!

Maria
    Last edited by Maria_W; 11 April 2009, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cacio
    replied
    I tried playing around with myself. In the end, I came to the conclusion that I stay in the same position, but I just looked at myself.

Two things:
    first, things are complicated because in the initial world view, Europe is just a small clump and it is impossible to see the different parts of Europe.
    If one starts zooming in, Europe soon gets out of the plot, so one has to also move around to recenter, which makes things difficult to reconcile.

Second:
    it appears that the world view and Europe view are not viewed from the same location. It seems to me that what is left in the world view, becomes right in the Europe view, and what is up in the world view, becomes down in the Europe view. For instance, the Russians are bottom right in the world view initial axis orientation, but are up left in the Europe view.

cacio
    Last edited by cacio; 11 April 2009, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maria_W
    replied
    Could you explain...

Burto,
    Could you please explain what you mean by you were impressed with where I was in the world view.... Don't understand how to use it...

Maria

Leave a comment:

Working...
X